ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: S6L vs. PM10 vs. SD7 [or whatever digicos comp is] cost?  (Read 18023 times)

Ryan O John

• ryanojohn.com
Re: S6L vs. PM10 vs. SD7 [or whatever digicos comp is] cost?
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »

Yamaha RIVAGE PM10 128x32 System retails for $164,999 USD

I did hear they updating pricing after the initial launch, so it's very possible that the price books I have for them are outdated.
Ryan John
Product Manager | Avid Live Sound

MikeHarris

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2019, 05:06:03 AM »

I do believe your SD7 price is $30k short...have you not included optics ?
Last time I priced one it was $250k or so..dual engine and dual Waves..not including servers

Mike Eiseman

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2019, 09:17:36 AM »

can't speak for other regions - U.S. pricing hasn't changed since its debut.

I did hear they updating pricing after the initial launch, so it's very possible that the price books I have for them are outdated.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2019, 10:56:48 PM »

Current MSRP for a dual engine SD7 "Quantum" is $279k with single HMA optics and 56x56 SD rack. Well over $320k with second HMA optics module, SD Rack and I/O cards.

Apparently, it's the business if you find yourself maxing out your SD7.

I do believe your SD7 price is $30k short...have you not included optics ?
Last time I priced one it was $250k or so..dual engine and dual Waves..not including servers
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Mike Eiseman

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2019, 03:32:36 PM »

FYI  - because someone asked privately - a RIVAGE PM7 96x32 TWINLANe System retails for $127,399

Yamaha RIVAGE PM10 128x32 System retails for $164,999 USD

Michael Schmidt

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2019, 09:19:20 AM »

I work in a classical concert house, we also have a lot of jazz/world music shows. The Vi's have done their job well past the last ten years, but are not reliable these days. The options for two new console systems are: SD7 Quantum / PM10 / S6L. S6L is not the first choice, because in Europe it is not on many riders. My question is: have there been any changes on the SD7 surface since it's release in 2007? What is the better option for FOH-babysitting in your opinion?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
posting rules
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2019, 01:08:12 PM »

I work in a classical concert house, we also have a lot of jazz/world music shows. The Vi's have done their job well past the last ten years, but are not reliable these days. The options for two new console systems are: SD7 Quantum / PM10 / S6L. S6L is not the first choice, because in Europe it is not on many riders. My question is: have there been any changes on the SD7 surface since it's release in 2007? What is the better option for FOH-babysitting in your opinion?

Please go to your profile and change your name to your real name

Mac

Roland Clarke

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2019, 03:28:16 AM »

As time goes by, I suspect that you will see the Avid S6l gain traction like they did with the profile.  The Yamaha pm10 is great, easy to get to grips with, a true successor to the pm 5.  Digico, well is Digico.  You love them or hate them.  Not really for me I have to say, but other love them.

John P. Farrell

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »

To me the PM10 it is your most walk up friendly desk.  People may not have it as their first choice but lots of high profile installs use them because they sound great, are reliable, and you can have someone up and going fast. 

Digico is a nightmare if the engineer isn't familiar with them. 

JF
FOH/PM Blackberry Smoke

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »

To me the PM10 it is your most walk up friendly desk.  People may not have it as their first choice but lots of high profile installs use them because they sound great, are reliable, and you can have someone up and going fast. 

Digico is a nightmare if the engineer isn't *INTIMATELY* familiar with them

JF

Added a word, John, hope you don't mind.  One needs to know a DigiCo better than one knows an ex's bad habits...

At a show a year or so ago I had a BE complain extensively about Avid consoles in toto, but based on my perception of the results, his having a non-Avid console wouldn't have helped what came out of the PA system.

The tour console was Profile.  Presumably he had the clout to insist on the Midas or DigiCo or whatever it was he really wanted but for whatever reason did not get the desk he preferred.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.