ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: S6L vs. PM10 vs. SD7 [or whatever digicos comp is] cost?  (Read 18025 times)

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
S6L vs. PM10 vs. SD7 [or whatever digicos comp is] cost?
« on: February 21, 2019, 10:34:58 PM »

Okay, this is strictly a curiosity question.  i'm not in the market for either of these personally and i don't need a quote.  Just wondering what ballpark these desks are in pricewise.

Assume similar channel count/configuration [ish...  i know "it depends"...] 

Estimates plus or minus 10k US is fine.  i just have no idea, and this is something not easily googled.

thanks in advance
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: S6L vs. PM10 vs. SD7 [or whatever digicos comp is] cost?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 11:44:27 PM »

Ok, so granted it's been about 3 years, but the last MSRP price I got for a PM10 with 128 inputs and 32 outputs, the SILK input cards, the price was right at the $165,000 mark. The S6L was right in the same range, with equivalent I/O.

I haven't had an occasion to price out an SD7, but from what I heard, they are in the $220-250,000 range.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Karel Noon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 04:30:10 AM »

Since S6L is a whole system it’s hard to tell, it starts very small with the 16c surface and will go very big.
Let’s say 50k - 150k ;)

I compared 24c with a small engine to a couple of other desks, and feature wise ( bus count, flexibility) S6 is pretty stable on top of the others ( SSL100/200 PM7 )
Probably the only console that will give you more bang for your bucks would be the dLive System, wich is very intriguing:)

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 08:30:52 AM »

I would put PM7, SD12, and S6L 24D or possibly 24C in the same league as each other.  Digico and S6L are very close in pricing, but it depends on which Digico stage rack, E6 engine, etc.  PM7 is around 25% more expensive than SD12 or S6L.  It's more in line with an S6L 32 surface, which makes sense. FWIW, a comparable Dlive C system is half an S6L or SD12 and a Dlive S system is at least 30% less.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 11:00:09 PM »

I would put PM7, SD12, and S6L 24D or possibly 24C in the same league as each other.  Digico and S6L are very close in pricing, but it depends on which Digico stage rack, E6 engine, etc.  PM7 is around 25% more expensive than SD12 or S6L.  It's more in line with an S6L 32 surface, which makes sense. FWIW, a comparable Dlive C system is half an S6L or SD12 and a Dlive S system is at least 30% less.

SD12 isn’t on the same level, it doesn’t have the channel and bus capacity.  SD8, 10, 5, and 7 are or are above them. 

Bryan Hargrave

• I'm one jammin' dude.
    • Soundworks of VA, Inc
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 07:13:50 AM »

SD12 isn’t on the same level, it doesn’t have the channel and bus capacity.

For now.
Like us on facebook at Soundworks of VA, Inc.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 08:18:02 AM »

For now.

When it bumps to 96 channels as was discussed at the recent NAMM it’ll still fall well below the other consoles being discussed here.  At that point it’ll be a dual screen sd9.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 08:51:15 AM »

When it bumps to 96 channels as was discussed at the recent NAMM it’ll still fall well below the other consoles being discussed here.  At that point it’ll be a dual screen sd9.

I disagree.  The SD12, like each of the Digico offerings, occupies it's own unique space in the Digico world.  When the channel count bump comes I expect it will become a challenge to the SD8  in terms of rider acceptability. It offers more physical control (knobs and buttons) than SD9 and hence is generally friendlier to use in pressure situations.  It offers less knobs and buttons than SD8 but the dual screen is a plus.  I expect we will see the SD12 become acceptable in rider situations that an SD9 will never rise to.  Just my thoughts.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 11:38:24 AM »

SD12 isn’t on the same level, it doesn’t have the channel and bus capacity.  SD8, 10, 5, and 7 are or are above them.

I didn't look at channel count to make my comparisons.  99% of shows are less than 72 inputs.  What I look at is who is carrying them or spec'ing them on tours or events of a similar level.

Maybe it's more fair to say that S6L 24C with E112 engine is in line with an SD12.  I think prices would be similar as well.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 03:12:58 PM »

For an SD7, $265k would be a proper comparison point with 56x56 i/o and HMA optics.

I haven't had an occasion to price out an SD7, but from what I heard, they are in the $220-250,000 range.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 03:12:58 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.