ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Software Control Solution for Laymen  (Read 4045 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Software Control Solution for Laymen
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 10:53:51 AM »

I have used M-PC for several years now.  It's very powerful and the M-Touch/M-Play surfaces give you at least something for your hands for thousands less than other wings.  That said, any lighting package with any amount of capability has a significant learning curve, as you need to learn not just what the buttons do, but how to think and how to have a functional workflow.  The M-PC community is pretty large and there is a lot of help available via YouTube, but anything you pick will require a significant time budget with your rig learning how to run it.

I installed it at my church a year and a half ago and setup a bunch of pre-built groups and palettes as well as submasters to run the house conventional rig.  People are still making errors - accidentally recording groups over each other instead of cues, etc.  This isn't a flaw of M-PC as I'm confident they would do the same thing on any other package, but I mention it to set expectations that it's a skillset that requires an investment. 

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Software Control Solution for Laymen
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 10:53:51 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.