ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A/V and remodeling  (Read 2837 times)

Stephen Swaffer

A/V and remodeling
« on: February 18, 2019, 01:01:28 PM »

Our church is embarking on a major remodel of some Sunday School space. A couple of questions:

First, we want to add the capability to stream audio and/or video from the auditorium to each room.  Audio will be pretty common, video less so as it will typically be mainly for pre-service BGM.  I am thinking distributing linel level audio and perhaps HDMI-maybe I can use HDMI for audio as well.  Thoughts?  Anything we should consider besides extra CAT 5e/6 for future proofing?  Rooms will be small-mabe 15' X 30' perhaps just an in-wall mixer/amp to choose a local source or remote.

Another consideration is we are adding a cry room.  I am somewhat concerned about the one-way glass.  On the plus side, since it is going to be created by widening a balcony hallway, the glass will be on the upper part of the wall where we don't need/want sound energy anyway-but it will be fairly large probably the full 60 ft width.

I posted some picture here, of the auditorium:

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,148874.msg1366897.html#msg1366897

Unfortunately, you can't see where this will be-if you roll up the flat hardwood reflectors doors at the back of the auditorium there is about a 60 X 60 overflow-and the cry room will be be on the upper level at the back of that room.  The glass will replace existing sheetrock.  How concerned do I need to be about this?  Would it be worth considering tilting the glass, or is that unnecessary/undesirable?
Steve Swaffer

Sam Potter

Re: A/V and remodeling
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:44:17 PM »

To your first question:

Streaming the audio is easy and shouldn't take much. A matrix out from your FOH board should be sufficient. As far as physically getting it there, you'll want an amplifier that just splits the signal and send it through the wall with either TRS wallplate in each room, or a small XLR wallplate. I really wouldn't recommend running cat just for audio as it will only make your costs skyrocket.
If you wanted to do video AND audio you can buy some HDMI over cat dongles that will send both audio and video over the network cable. You'll need an additional amp to properly split the video signal as many times as you need.
----
Samantha Potter
Audio & Production Engineer
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: A/V and remodeling
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:44:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.