Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Kick bins and tops for labs.

<< < (10/10)

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Daniel Martini on March 18, 2019, 02:20:30 am ---
Also Scott thanks for the walk through of the wiring! However according to your instructions, If i wire both left and right outputs from my amp into one ep-4 input connection into the msl then that means I'm only able to run one speaker off one amp? I was told I would be able to run all 8 msl's off 4 mackies??

--- End quote ---

You can run 2 cabinet in parallel off of each amp.  It should work fine.

There are a couple of ways of doing that, either add more jacks to the cabinets or home run each cable and make a patch panel that will parallel 4 sets/pairs of connectors.

Daniel Martini:
Thanks John, Tim and Ivan! That helped significantly! Will most likely have someone help me build a patch bay. I'm so used to just plug and play neutrik that I never expected this to be so challenging but I want to persevere. Im 23 so I have a lot to learn about vintage gear and I definitely don't want to sell these because even if they are almost 40 years old they are still Meyer and I'm already in love with them lol. Ordered the EP-4's and gonna give this a go! 

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Daniel Martini on March 20, 2019, 01:32:08 am ---Thanks John, Tim and Ivan! That helped significantly! Will most likely have someone help me build a patch bay. I'm so used to just plug and play neutrik that I never expected this to be so challenging but I want to persevere. Im 23 so I have a lot to learn about vintage gear and I definitely don't want to sell these because even if they are almost 40 years old they are still Meyer and I'm already in love with them lol. Ordered the EP-4's and gonna give this a go!

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't you really be in love with all Meyer?  I still have those 12 650R2's .  The racks are cabled and ready to go.  Tell you what you buy the subs I will make you your panels for your mains!

Just having fun, this is not a hard pitch.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Daniel Martini:
I'll PM you!

Chris Grimshaw:
Would it be possible to simply convert the cabs to SpeakOn connectors?
I feel like that'd avoid a lot of messing around.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version