ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Kick bins and tops for labs.  (Read 13606 times)

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Re: Kick bins and tops for labs.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 10:11:40 PM »

Will post pics and updates periodically if anyone is interested. You all have been very helpful!

Please keep us posted on your progress. Half the fun of helping others is seeing them [hopefully] succeed!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 03:40:46 AM »

Please keep us posted on your progress. Half the fun of helping others is seeing them [hopefully] succeed!
Indeed,  interested to know how it goes. 

I still think you should buy my 12 650R2's so you would be all Meyer! 

Have fun.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Daniel Martini

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 02:45:18 PM »

Ok! And I would Scott but I'm dead set on labs ;). Does anyone know if the m-3t processor would work just the same as the m-3a btw? Also is it possible to have one input into the hi sense from both channel's of an amp? Since I won't be needing the lo sense for subs I'd like to not have to buy four m-3a's but would rather consolidate.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2019, 08:27:17 AM »

Thanks Ivan & John! Very confused about the sense connectors but I will give Meyer a call. Will post pics and updates periodically if anyone is interested. You all have been very helpful!
The sense lines are for the limiters in the processor.  Community used to used them on their products back around the same time.

That way you can use an amp with any gain (I think Meyer said there is a minimum gain-NOT power output- the amp needed-but not remember exactly), and the limiters would "fire" when needed, without having to tell the processor what the gain of the amp was.

If the sense lines are not hooked up, the processor could get "confusing" ideas about what to do with the signal flow, because it is "looking for" the voltage coming back from the amp (via the sense lines)
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mal Brown

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2019, 01:07:07 PM »

Using a different processor with the KF's is silly.  They just aren't the same.  Just lime JBL SRX and VRX with V5 tunings.  It makes them all new boxes.

I believe Mal Brown another member here has KF's and,the processor.  You might want to reach out to him.

I have 6 Renkus Trap40/60 over EAW La400’s , 2 per side.  4 way using old BSS mini drives, tuned with smaart.   My traps have dual compression drivers on a manifold and 2 6.5 in cone driver firing into the horn.  Not young, not light, but well maintained and a really nice sounding rig.  In my neck of the woods, there are no venues that rig won’t handle.  While I would like a cool RCF or DB Ingenia rig... this one is paid for;-)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:46:26 PM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Daniel Martini

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »

The sense lines are for the limiters in the processor.  Community used to used them on their products back around the same time.

That way you can use an amp with any gain (I think Meyer said there is a minimum gain-NOT power output- the amp needed-but not remember exactly), and the limiters would "fire" when needed, without having to tell the processor what the gain of the amp was.

If the sense lines are not hooked up, the processor could get "confusing" ideas about what to do with the signal flow, because it is "looking for" the voltage coming back from the amp (via the sense lines)

I'm getting that part for sure. My question is can I just use one m-3a for four amps but just connect the sense to one amp? I'll be using the mackies (425 a side @4ohm)  but if I have to connect both sides out from the amp into the sense then back out into a single input into the msl3a won't that be 850 watts? Or am I missing something? Is this where putting the amp in parallel mode comes in? For reference here is the schematic... https://meyersound.com/download/m-3a-resources/?wpdmdl=3160&masterkey=58b8aec1e3071

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »

I'm getting that part for sure. My question is can I just use one m-3a for four amps but just connect the sense to one amp? I'll be using the mackies (425 a side @4ohm)  but if I have to connect both sides out from the amp into the sense then back out into a single input into the msl3a won't that be 850 watts? Or am I missing something? Is this where putting the amp in parallel mode comes in? For reference here is the schematic... https://meyersound.com/download/m-3a-resources/?wpdmdl=3160&masterkey=58b8aec1e3071

Hi Daniel, I am so lost following this thread.....
What possible connection is there between the mackies and the m3-a?
Get the Meyer's right, sub to taste I think...

John L Nobile

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 06:42:17 PM »

I've used 1 processor with 2 amps before. I just used the sense on 1 amp. Ideally you want the same model amps. I guess you could tap 4 leads from the Speakon, put banana plugs on them and plug em into the sense inputs. As long as the lo and hi go to the proper inputs, you should be fine.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 09:33:13 PM »

It's very important to make sure the amp gain is per the Meyer spec.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 11:25:56 PM »

I guess you could tap 4 leads from the Speakon, put banana plugs on them and plug em into the sense inputs. As long as the lo and hi go to the proper inputs, you should be fine.
What??!! No!!!

That would short all 4 amps together. And let the magic smoke out very quickly.

If the amplifiers for each passband are the same just use one sense line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 11:25:56 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.