ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To those who rent mixing consoles  (Read 1785 times)

Dave Guilford

To those who rent mixing consoles
« on: February 14, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »

Hi all, smalltime sound company here. We do a lot of summer concert series in the style of “free picnic in the park way with local bands Sponsored by a bank” events.

I’m doing some mixer upgrades and will end up with either an X 32, and M 32, or an M 32r.

If I end up with one of the mitis options, I will likely try to get some use out of it in the winter months by renting it out. The platform I’m coming from didn’t have much demand for Rental, so this is my first time tackling it. To those of you who rent mixers to use, and to those who rents mixers to people- if I end up with one of the Midas options, I will likely try to get some use out of it in the winter months by renting it out. The platform I’m coming from didn’t have much demand for Rental, so this is my first time tackling it.

To those of you who rent mixers to use, and to those who rents mixers to people -
 Are you more likely to rent an M 32 or an M 32R ?   I don’t expect to get a lot of business from renting, but I’d like to improve my odds by getting a mixer which is more likely to go out   

Just curious and think of this More as conversation than any real business advice

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: To those who rent mixing consoles
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 06:20:33 PM »

Hi all, smalltime sound company here. We do a lot of summer concert series in the style of “free picnic in the park way with local bands Sponsored by a bank” events.

I’m doing some mixer upgrades and will end up with either an X 32, and M 32, or an M 32r.

If I end up with one of the mitis options, I will likely try to get some use out of it in the winter months by renting it out. The platform I’m coming from didn’t have much demand for Rental, so this is my first time tackling it. To those of you who rent mixers to use, and to those who rents mixers to people- if I end up with one of the Midas options, I will likely try to get some use out of it in the winter months by renting it out. The platform I’m coming from didn’t have much demand for Rental, so this is my first time tackling it.

To those of you who rent mixers to use, and to those who rents mixers to people -
 Are you more likely to rent an M 32 or an M 32R ?   I don’t expect to get a lot of business from renting, but I’d like to improve my odds by getting a mixer which is more likely to go out   

Just curious and think of this More as conversation than any real business advice
Lots of mid-level Nashville acts were coming through with m32's. Didn't see a lot of rack units. However, if your target is a local band, I think you are more likely to rent the rack units for an in ear rig, especially if you couple it with a splitter

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 07:31:48 PM »

Most of the Midas M32 requests we get are for the full-size unit.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 08:28:54 AM »

As Tim and Jay say if it is a 'touring act', generally the full size M32 is what they will want.  It should be noted as Jay said, local bands will probably get more use out of the M32r.  We stock both.  I know that when I am out without my own board I want a full size M32 if I can't get a Midas Pro Series.  So, it depends on which market segment you are going to be going after.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 12:42:43 PM »

Rule #1: Stock what your customers want to rent.
Rule #2: See Rule #1.

That's about it. What we think is un-important.
I don't know your market. You have to ask around, and see what's "hot"
Maximum return on your investment is the goal.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 12:42:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.