ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Review: Yamaha STAGEPAS 600BT Portable PA System  (Read 731 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Review: Yamaha STAGEPAS 600BT Portable PA System
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:59:29 AM »

Review: Yamaha STAGEPAS 600BT Portable PA System
Test driving a lightweight portable sound system offering Bluetooth connectivity, SPX digital reverbs, feedback suppression and more.
By M. Erik Matlock • February 11, 2019

I remember working at a music store during the portable mini PA “surge” almost 15 years ago. Many manufacturers were offering some type of “sci-fi suitcase transformer system” that was supposed to “blow away” small venues. Most didn’t. In fact, most were downright painful to listen to and definitely not ready for prime time.

Since then I haven’t paid much attention to the mini PA product class, but a recent trip to a trade show found me at Yamaha’s booth looking at products I usually don’t see in my normal routine. Even then, the STAGEPAS portable systems didn’t really capture my attention, mixed in between other toys I wanted to play with.

So when I was asked to review a STAGEPAS 600BT system, I accepted primarily for an opportunistic reason. I’ve been looking for something to cover acoustic performances for about 100-200 people at an outdoor campground stage. Specifically, a lightweight system capable of reasonable output with commensurate sonic quality...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/av/review-yamaha-stagepas-600bt-portable-pa-system/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.