ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording with Midas MR18? What Software is easiest to use?  (Read 8596 times)

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
Recording with Midas MR18? What Software is easiest to use?
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:33:12 PM »

Hi guys/gals,
I'm coming across some events this year were the promoter and artists are asking to record the live feed from the console for promotional uses on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, MeWe, etc. I know I can get a 2 track recording, but is there a simple and effective software program that I can use with my MacBook air and plug directly to the USB from the rack mixer and to my laptop and mix it at my leisure when I get home the next day and deliver a more professional balanced recording and then send to my artists/promoters?

Thanks in advance,
-Sandro
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Eric Snodgrass

Re: Recording with Midas MR18? What Software is easiest to use?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 08:21:07 PM »

Hi guys/gals,
I'm coming across some events this year were the promoter and artists are asking to record the live feed from the console for promotional uses on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, MeWe, etc. I know I can get a 2 track recording, but is there a simple and effective software program that I can use with my MacBook air and plug directly to the USB from the rack mixer and to my laptop and mix it at my leisure when I get home the next day and deliver a more professional balanced recording and then send to my artists/promoters?

Thanks in advance,
-Sandro
I own an Allen&Heath Qu 16 and typically use a USB drive for multitrack recordings.  Then I can transfer those files into any multitrack DAW of my choosing and mix.  I do also use Reaper on my laptop as a redundant recording option.  Reaper's cost vs. features ratio is very high, making it worth every penny to me.

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 08:42:10 PM »

Hi guys/gals,

Thanks in advance,
-Sandro
I use Auria Pro from XR/MR18 into iPad.
Colorado Springs, CO

Gary Weller

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 09:10:23 PM »

Waves Tracks Live, free and easy to set up and use. Reaper for mix down.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:13:57 PM by Gary Weller »

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »

I use Protools Ultimate with an HD Native Thunderbolt card. But I like living on the edge.

Ask 10 engineers, and you'll get at least a half dozen different responses for which recording software/hardware combo they prefer to use. Does the MR18 show up on your computer as a Core Audio device with the USB connection? If so, then any multitrack audio program should see it as any other audio interface. Reaper and Waves Tracks Live are probably the most popular.

I'll be honest, I haven't been able to figure out how Reaper works. Waves Tracks Live was built on the Ardour recording engine, which is the most popular recording software for Linux, and I have done some odd jobs with it and it works fine. Plus it's free. Reaper is technically just a free demo, and then you have to pay based on a sliding scale depending on how much work you do with it.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Gary Weller

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 11:09:57 PM »

I use Protools Ultimate with an HD Native Thunderbolt card. But I like living on the edge.

Ask 10 engineers, and you'll get at least a half dozen different responses for which recording software/hardware combo they prefer to use. Does the MR18 show up on your computer as a Core Audio device with the USB connection? If so, then any multitrack audio program should see it as any other audio interface. Reaper and Waves Tracks Live are probably the most popular.

I'll be honest, I haven't been able to figure out how Reaper works. Waves Tracks Live was built on the Ardour recording engine, which is the most popular recording software for Linux, and I have done some odd jobs with it and it works fine. Plus it's free. Reaper is technically just a free demo, and then you have to pay based on a sliding scale depending on how much work you do with it.

In Windows you have to use a driver, not sure about Mac, since I don't own one.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 11:28:16 PM »

In Windows you have to use a driver, not sure about Mac, since I don't own one.
Yes, ASIO. But the OP stated he was running a MacBook Air. MacOS has the audio drivers built in to the operating system, it's called Core Audio.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Sean Zurbrick

• My band
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 01:48:15 PM »

Waves Tracks Live, free and easy to set up and use. Reaper for mix down.

^^^ This

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 03:04:19 PM »

REAPER FTW!!!!!
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 06:50:48 PM »

Harrison is running a special on their MixBus plus five plugins.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 06:50:48 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.