ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Day Another Breakout  (Read 4031 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Another Day Another Breakout
« on: February 10, 2019, 03:06:07 PM »

It's at least a 3/4 mile walk from my room in the east tower of Luxor to the South Seas ballroom at Mandalay Bay. So far I have a 15 input LS9 to do a 21 input breakout room, and a 16x12 multi that is 75' too short. The LS9 will be replaced with an M7, and another 150' similar multi is coming to extend ours. The joys of being low man on the totem pole. Oh, and Luxor is horrible.

Mac

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Another Day Another Breakout
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »

It's at least a 3/4 mile walk from my room in the east tower of Luxor to the South Seas ballroom at Mandalay Bay. So far I have a 15 input LS9 to do a 21 input breakout room, and a 16x12 multi that is 75' too short. The LS9 will be replaced with an M7, and another 150' similar multi is coming to extend ours. The joys of being low man on the totem pole. Oh, and Luxor is horrible.

Mac

Let me join everyone else in wondering how Mac became the low man on the totem pole.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 05:12:48 PM »

Where’d you find an LS9 with only 15 inputs? Was it one of those factory seconds where they just forgot to put the last input on the board?

Also, everyone I have talked has never had anything good to say about the Luxor.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 07:26:51 PM »

Mac

As i always say, "so long as you pay my day rate..."

Doesn't make it fun though.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Scott Helmke

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »

Where’d you find an LS9 with only 15 inputs? Was it one of those factory seconds where they just forgot to put the last input on the board?

If it's been maintained to breakout room standards, then there's a dead input. Either a fader or the head amp, both are likely.

Actually the most likely scenario is most of the faders are jumpy, and one of the inputs is noisy.

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 09:15:59 PM »

I'm confused. Is it the walk? Is it the hotel? I`d rather walk 3 miles for a gig without a japanese console.

I1d rather have crabs than having to use one of those desks. Talking about bad hotels...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 09:34:38 PM »

If it's been maintained to breakout room standards, then there's a dead input. Either a fader or the head amp, both are likely.

Actually the most likely scenario is most of the faders are jumpy, and one of the inputs is noisy.

Bad Select button on ch 12. Makes it a PITA to use the channel since you need select to edit channel. I'm pretty close to low man here as I'm in a large breakout. We will have a billionaire company founder speaking during the week.I wish there was a high enough truss trim to have flown 2 arrays of 6 dV-Dosc rather than 2 arrays of 4. Just got them out of the video image by inches. Tomorrow we rehearse skits...

Mac

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 10:55:44 PM »

I'm confused. Is it the walk? Is it the hotel? I`d rather walk 3 miles for a gig without a japanese console.

I1d rather have crabs than having to use one of those desks. Talking about bad hotels...
I'd rather have any of those Japanese consoles any day than just about anything else.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 01:08:18 PM »

I'd rather have any of those Japanese consoles any day than just about anything else.

yup

"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:02:42 PM »

You don't use the auto select then? I have had a couple LS9's with bad select buttons and the easy fix is auto channel select. Just touch the fader and it will call up the channels screen. Still doesn't fix your need for 21 inputs though :)

I will be joining you in Las Vegas tomorrow as I am doing sound for the Jamz Nationals event at The Orleans. If you think the Luxor sucks, well just swing on in and you will find new heart. Have fun and stay classy LV......
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:02:42 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.