ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Air-con proposal, Yikes help please!  (Read 4483 times)

MrMontana

Re: Air-con proposal, Yikes help please!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 10:07:04 AM »

Today at our church leaders meeting, the pastor announced that a member had offered to install air-con in the chapel at a very low rate.

Well, it's summer here and we have been having severe drought and record high temperatures.  There have been some humid days in the mix.  While we only do a morning service and therefore escape the worst of it, some members have obviously been having difficulty coping with the conditions during the service so it is understandable this proposal gains immediate support.

I don't have any information on the unit in question but I am pretty certain it will one of those bolt on split systems.  I have a Daikin which has become so noisy, I can’t stand to watch movies while it’s on.  I am extremely concerned that this could totally impair the efforts and commitment of the worship and sound teams to deliver a meaningful service.  However, I concede there is a need to cool the room to an acceptable level.

Can anyone offer some advice on types of air-con systems that would be appropriate please?
The chapel, built in the 80s could hold about 200 people at a squeeze and has a fairly high shallow pitched roof.  I am not sure of the exact dimensions at this time but I am not trying to assess air-con capacity, just appropriate system types.

Thanks,
Ken
I hope you have installed a good air conditioner that works silently. Please write if there are any problems with the noise from the air conditioner.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: Air-con proposal, Yikes help please!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »

I hope you have installed a good air conditioner that works silently. Please write if there are any problems with the noise from the air conditioner.
You'll be wanting to update your username to your real name as is required on this forum.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber