ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heil Sound - London City Who PA  (Read 5508 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Heil Sound - London City Who PA
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:10:20 PM »

I have quite a few photos with commentary Bob was kind enough to share.  I'll be posting these over the next few days.

From Bob:

When I decided to leave the road, London City bought half of our system - as you see in the picture. Townseend bought the other half and used it in the UK to augment house systems, etc. ..

One of the Mavis mixers in this photo is now resting in the display at the Rock Hall in Cleveland.   Long story about how I got it...tell you some time but it is a classic R n R story...! 
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Kurt Schrotenboer

Re: Heil Sound - London City Who PA
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »

I have quite a few photos with commentary Bob was kind enough to share.  I'll be posting these over the next few days.

From Bob:

When I decided to leave the road, London City bought half of our system - as you see in the picture. Townseend bought the other half and used it in the UK to augment house systems, etc. ..

One of the Mavis mixers in this photo is now resting in the display at the Rock Hall in Cleveland.   Long story about how I got it...tell you some time but it is a classic R n R story...! 

I met Bob after I sent him that LCE picture with the caption "Hey can you fix this?"
That was a great desk and very repairable. An old partner of mine still has the sister desk. Only thing that ever went bad were the caps but then when I was replacing them that desk sn#24 was at least 20 years old. Very warm Neve sound. Glad I could help it get to the R&RHF. BTW it wasn't the desk that was used for a water bed support, it was just the road case. :) - Kurt Schrotenboer
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:48:48 AM by Kas »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Heil Sound - London City Who PA
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 25 queries.