ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bringing Surround To The Monitoring Realm With “The War Of The Worlds"  (Read 67 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • ErikMatlock.com

Auditory Immersion: Bringing Surround To The Monitoring Realm With “The War Of The Worlds”
Providing auditory immersion with KLANG:technologies 3D in-ear monitoring (IEM) system for a musical extravaganza on tour.
By Becky Pell • February 8, 2019

When I was asked to mix monitors for the most recent tour of the iconic musical version of “The War of the Worlds,” I said yes straight away. Listening to the double album, I felt that this skillfully arranged fusion of prog rock, classical and theatre was going to be a treat to recreate in a live environment.

I could also see that I had my work cut out; with 168 inputs from a nine-piece band, eight guest artists and a 36-piece orchestra – not to mention all the surround sound elements and special effects – there was a lot of creative information going on. In addition, I would be mixing monitors for everyone on stage as well as for composer Jeff Wayne – 24 mixes in total.

Having recently demoed a KLANG:technologies 3D in-ear monitoring (IEM) system on another tour, I knew exactly where I wanted to take Jeff’s mix...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/auditory-immersion-bringing-surround-to-the-monitoring-realm-with-the-war-of-the-worlds/
This space for rent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.