ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New outdoor season - New toys?  (Read 7803 times)

Steve Ferreira

Re: New outdoor season - New toys?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 03:32:49 PM »

We have started moving to the QLX-D with the dual and quad receivers so we have Dante.  Replacing our QSC K12 with EAW RSX129 speakers.  Adding some more Crown MA9000i amps.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I have been looking at the RSX129s with the dual 18s but haven't heard them in the real world yet. Do you have any insight you can share?

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 05:42:07 PM »

Hi Bill,

I have been looking at the RSX129s with the dual 18s but haven't heard them in the real world yet. Do you have any insight you can share?
Steve, I currently do not have much insight in to these boxes yet.  We are purchasing them based on how much I like the RSX802L and the RSX89.  We are using the RSX89 for small conference rooms and they sound amazing.  Everything we have done with them as far as talking heads as sounded crystal clear.  I have played tracks through them to see and they get very loud and they maintain the sound without breaking up.

We are going to be ording the RSX129s next month for Mike Pyle.  I am sure we will be happy with them.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

MikeHarris

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 04:12:02 AM »

We have started moving to the QLX-D with the dual and quad receivers so we have Dante.
Bill

I do believe you mean ULXD...as the only receiver in QLX line is single channel.  Great move...we have supplied a few 16ch ULXD systems and they're back for more.

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 08:10:35 AM »

I do believe you mean ULXD...as the only receiver in QLX line is single channel.  Great move...we have supplied a few 16ch ULXD systems and they're back for more.
The ULXD-4Q and ULXD-4D.  Our plan is to have two racks with both the ULXD-4D and ULXD-4Q.  That way we can easily send 6 quality wireless, not that our ULX/P systems aren't, to our larger festivals and concerts.

Bill

schnakesound.com

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 10:29:01 AM »

I've picked up a bunch of LED pars (Martin Thrill Mini), and a small desk. Enough customers asked about lighting that I decided to do something about it.

Apart from that, I'm thinking of picking up some more Powersoft T-series to run my monitors before a certain political event rolls around and the exchange rates go crazy.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 12:30:47 PM »

Steve, I currently do not have much insight in to these boxes yet.  We are purchasing them based on how much I like the RSX802L and the RSX89.  We are using the RSX89 for small conference rooms and they sound amazing.  Everything we have done with them as far as talking heads as sounded crystal clear.  I have played tracks through them to see and they get very loud and they maintain the sound without breaking up.

We are going to be ording the RSX129s next month for Mike Pyle.  I am sure we will be happy with them.

Bill

Bill,

I would love to hear what you think of these boxes once you get them at the shop. Are you also getting the matching subs?

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 05:17:52 PM »

Bill,

I would love to hear what you think of these boxes once you get them at the shop. Are you also getting the matching subs?

Steve, I will let you know.  Not currently.  I have a set of EAW 180z subs that I am going to be using with them.  The 180z are power by and I-Tech 4000 and sound great for a small show.

Bill

schnakesound.com

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 08:00:09 PM »

I bought some Growlers to replace my previous subs. Other than that I’m a little boring this year. Some new cases, trunks, electric and such.
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Scott Slater

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 07:38:13 AM »

I've added a dLive C2500/CDM32 to the lineup as well as replaced a lot of older cases, and a trunk.  Also sold an older passive JBL system which will be replaced by an active system when that size system is booked again, most likely by a QSC KW setup (153/181).  I'm also toying with the idea of slowly replacing some older wireless stuff with the QLX-D series.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 12:24:42 PM »

Other than that I’m a little boring this year. Some new cases, trunks, electric and such.

Yeah, me too.  I just finished replacing all my previous quad boxes with OA Windsor quads.  Nice and compact, should stay looking good for years.

GTD

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 12:24:42 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.