ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF TT25-AII vs. VP7215  (Read 2072 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
RCF TT25-AII vs. VP7215
« on: February 05, 2019, 08:14:18 PM »

Anybody using the RCF TT25-AII speakers?

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair. Just wondering how they would compare to JBL VP7215's. The power and components seem to be simliar. The RCF's are a lot lighter, which is a big plus.

Thanks

Peter Morris

Re: RCF TT25-AII vs. VP7215
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 06:50:03 AM »

Anybody using the RCF TT25-AII speakers?

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair. Just wondering how they would compare to JBL VP7215's. The power and components seem to be simliar. The RCF's are a lot lighter, which is a big plus.

Thanks

The RCF are actually slightly heavier - 26Kgs Vs 24.7 Kgs.

I have not heard the JBLs but I own some TT25A-MKII's - they are excellent, they go loud, reasonable amount of bass and the FIR phase combined with a low crossover frequency between the horn and the 15 results in very good pattern control and a very clear vocal sound that throws well.

The RCFs also have 6 x quick lock fly track points where the JBL just has M10 bolt holes for flying. For pro applications this can be important.

https://www.rcf.it/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=fde08c86-a196-41d8-b39b-9f5b589c188b&groupId=20195

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/vintage/vintage-installed-sound/vp-series/vp7215_95dpc#Specs

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 09:02:15 AM »

The RCF are actually slightly heavier - 26Kgs Vs 24.7 Kgs.

I have not heard the JBLs but I own some TT25A-MKII's - they are excellent, they go loud, reasonable amount of bass and the FIR phase combined with a low crossover frequency between the horn and the 15 results in very good pattern control and a very clear vocal sound that throws well.

The RCFs also have 6 x quick lock fly track points where the JBL just has M10 bolt holes for flying. For pro applications this can be important.

https://www.rcf.it/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=fde08c86-a196-41d8-b39b-9f5b589c188b&groupId=20195

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/vintage/vintage-installed-sound/vp-series/vp7215_95dpc#Specs

Thanks Peter. Good to hear.

I have the full size model VP's. They are 85lbs. I'm looking to lighten the load a bit.
www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/JBL_VP7215_95DP_v3.pdf

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:46:07 AM »

Only 1 person in the world that owns or has an opinion of the TT25's?

I guess that doesn't bode well for RCF.  ;D LOL

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 12:52:52 PM »

Hi Jamin-

I figured you'd be planning your retirement, not buying new gear!

RCF doesn't have the market penetration in the USA that it enjoys elsewhere, possibly because prices here can be significantly higher than more common products.

I've usually been impressed with their gear but haven't been in a position (or have a need) to do a side by side.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 01:50:25 PM »

Hi Jamin-

I figured you'd be planning your retirement, not buying new gear!

RCF doesn't have the market penetration in the USA that it enjoys elsewhere, possibly because prices here can be significantly higher than more common products.

I've usually been impressed with their gear but haven't been in a position (or have a need) to do a side by side.

Thanks Tim,

It's in the blood. The transfusion didn't work. I'm still doing a few small gigs with friends and some install work while at the same time enjoying life on the coast.

I'm looking something to replace my VP's to something with similar quality but in a smaller, lighter package. By looking at the TT25's on line, it appeared to be something worth looking into.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 01:50:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.