ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker amp question  (Read 4024 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Speaker amp question
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 05:58:19 PM »

As Eirk said double check the tap settings and connection to the amp's output terminal strip.

How loud are you trying to get in the lobby, those three little speakers will only do so much!!

Also there may not be a proper high pass filter on the line feeding that amp.
There should be a steep high pass filter of at least 100hz on those speakers.

Jamming too high of a level of music with a lot of low frequency would saturate the speaker's transformers and overload the amp.

Depending on how the outputs are configured on your mixer and stage box you may be able to do it in the mixer, does a separate mix out just feed the lobby?

The ideal place to apply a high pass would be in the DSP unit, you would need the software and most likely a password to get into it and a Bi Amp DSP is not something you just jump into, make a quick change and be done unless you have done a few of them.

At the very least you could turn the bass control on the amp down, maybe way down and see what that does for you.

Ken Webster

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 04:26:43 AM »

I apologise for my previous erroneous and misleading assumptions.  The data I had on this led me to think it was a simple direct amp speaker connection.  I now realise the amp and speakers are transformer connected, isolating the amp from the low speaker impedance load.  Found this rather simple outline of what is going on that may be helpful.  I made too many errors on this one and will leave it in Mike's capable hands.

https://www.redbackaudio.com.au/understanding-100v-line-distributed-speaker-systems/

Regards, Ken

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 04:26:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.