ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic stand Adam Levine was using at the Super Bowl...  (Read 2282 times)

Chris Edwards

Mic stand Adam Levine was using at the Super Bowl...
« on: February 04, 2019, 01:50:50 PM »

I am sure many tuned out for the halftime snooze fest of a performance but I was wondering if anyone knew what mic stand Adam Levine from Maroon 5 was utilizing onstage. It seemed to be a carbon fiber model of some sort.

An image of the mic stand is attached.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Mic stand Adam Levine was using at the Super Bowl...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 03:47:14 PM »

Looks wrapped to me.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 03:50:26 PM »

Perhaps created by a furniture designer, like his wardrobe?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »

Haha!! lol

Actually, I think a friend of mine that I worked with in the motorcycle industry about a decade ago started making customer mic stands for all these musicians and celebs.. it's been working out really nice for him. He fabricates all the customer mic stands from Tim McGraw to Rhianna, etc..

2 Cool Mic Stands
http://www.2coolmicstands.com/index.html

Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Noah D Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 07:15:11 PM »

Since I don’t really follow sports, and couldn’t care less about maroon 5...

My only team in the Super Bowl was Danley. Any reports on how it sounded live? Also, would they have used the house system for half time or brought in ground stacks?

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 09:25:37 PM »

My only team in the Super Bowl was Danley. Any reports on how it sounded live? Also, would they have used the house system for half time or brought in ground stacks?

The halftime (and pre and post show i am told) brought in ground stacks, and their own hangs. It's all the chatter over on the Danley User Group Facebook Page. 
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »

They had a bunch of Vertec.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

John Fruits

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 09:43:25 PM »

Some more info on the audio:
live sound
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 11:03:34 PM »

Funny thing, a friend of mine posted a pic on FB where she had swung her curtains over next to the TV.  His shirt was an exact match to her curtains.  I'm pretty sure the curtains have been up a lot longer than the shirt has existed.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 11:27:31 PM »

Funny thing, a friend of mine posted a pic on FB where she had swung her curtains over next to the TV.  His shirt was an exact match to her curtains.  I'm pretty sure the curtains have been up a lot longer than the shirt has existed.

Whoever designed the shirt also designs home decor, according to something I read on the interwebs.

Edit insert - I found the article.

From Huffpo's "Life": "The pattern was actually created by Danish furniture designer Verner Panton, who died in 1998. Panton, who was best known for his iconic Panton chair, also created a range of textile designs. One of those was the square pattern seen on Levine’s tank top."

The costume designers for the Broadway smash "Wicked!" used a lot of upholstery materials in some of the garments, one of Glinda's dresses reportedly tipped the scales at 40lbs +.   They used a lot of it because it was cheap; when the show took off and the cast changed eventually (needing new wardrobe for the new talent), and the producers authorized national touring productions, those "cheap" couch fabrics and drapery materials had to be re-created at great expense.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 11:38:21 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 11:27:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.