ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QLC + v 4  (Read 3088 times)

Mal Brown

QLC + v 4
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:30:07 PM »

Just implemented on an old Sony Vaio Touch screen laptop running Win 10 Home.  DmxKing eDmx 1 Ethernet to DMX interface.

Created 2 fixture profiles for the StageRight 9x10 color mixing LED Par and StageRight 30 watt beam mover.

Oddity is that the LED Par has sweet little function descriptive icons for the 8 dmx channels.  The mover did not get those so that is my next mystery.

If anyone else goes down the QLC+ road.   Be sure you have the Driver’s from FTDI if your gizmo talks USB.  My main interface does not but a USB dongle version didn’t sing until I installed the drivers and did a reboot.

Also, if you define a fixture while QLC+ is running, I had to restart QLC+ to get the fixture to show in the fixtures list.  No biggie but next time around I’ll do it using the Fixture editor first.

Now to integrate a dmx merge device...  I want to keep my front washes on a hardware controller and use QLC primarily for efx.  Just in case the laptop takes a dive I want control of the washes at least.  It’s windows and I’m not a trusting soul.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Mal Brown

Re: QLC + v 4
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »

Looks like custom fixtures are stored in the User Profile and there for some reason QLC+ isn’t finding mine...  which is as far as I have gotten into getting the mover working.  Hopefully I’ll get there later today.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:39:43 PM »

They have the merger yes,  not in my costs.  I find for manual control it is easier to run two cables one is computer driven and the second is manual drive.  I add in the third to control the effects. 

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 07:44:16 PM »

I made cables that are two DMX 5 wires.  one cable has been split Y top and bottom with XLR 3 pin on each bi directions one in and one out.  with two cables having 2 input and 2 outputs.  When going up the Front T you see only one data cable and one power cord.   This makes the setup quicker because the cables stay tied to the top T bar. 

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 11:10:57 PM »

We fought with QLC+ for a good 6-8 months before switching over to Martin M-PC. Had nothing but problems with QLC+... the FTDI driver issue was enough to make me want to pull my hair out. It would work great one day and then quit working 15 minutes before a show.

Figured it was because I was using a Mac. So, I got a PC. Same frustrations. This was with an Enttec USB DMX Pro as the DMX-to-USB interface.

Went to Martin M-PC and had/have zero issues. Not a single one. Just my $0.02...

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 11:17:45 PM »

We fought with QLC+ for a good 6-8 months before switching over to Martin M-PC. Had nothing but problems with QLC+... the FTDI driver issue was enough to make me want to pull my hair out. It would work great one day and then quit working 15 minutes before a show.

Figured it was because I was using a Mac. So, I got a PC. Same frustrations. This was with an Enttec USB DMX Pro as the DMX-to-USB interface.

Went to Martin M-PC and had/have zero issues. Not a single one. Just my $0.02...

The entire range of M series controllers was sold by Harman (parent company of Martin Professional) about a year ago.  It is now an Elation company.

(Edited to change autocorrect induced error)

Lee
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:07:03 AM by Lee Buckalew »
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 11:57:43 PM »

The entire range of M series controllers was sold by Harman (parent cable many of Martin Professional) about a year ago.  It is now an Elation company.

Lee

Yes. We have upgraded to Onyx. Same great results. QLC+ is cool, but I wouldn't trust it, based on my experiences with it.

Mal Brown

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 01:26:02 PM »

Yes. We have upgraded to Onyx. Same great results. QLC+ is cool, but I wouldn't trust it, based on my experiences with it.

Are you running M-PC using an M-Play or M-Touch controller ? 
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Mal Brown

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 10:01:32 PM »

Well QLC+ is being a little frustrating. I’npm on a Win 10 laptop and it can’t find my custom fixtures...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 10:01:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.