ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZOD AUDIO SKHORN HIGH OUTPUT SUBWOOFERS and QSC pl380  (Read 2603 times)

Carl Howell

ZOD AUDIO SKHORN HIGH OUTPUT SUBWOOFERS and QSC pl380
« on: February 03, 2019, 12:57:13 AM »

SOLD SOLD SOLD!

So I am selling a pair of ZOD AUDIO SKHORNS (same designer of the Othorn and Gjallerhorn- Google them). The SKHORN is a quasi 6th order/horn subwoofer loaded with Dual 21” B&C drivers per enclosure. Tunable port
configuration 29,25,18hz tunes. If you are unfamiliar with these, please follow the link at

data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=140

to see what all the fuss is all about.

These were precision built for me by the original builder of the skhorn. He did an amazing job. He CNC
machined all parts out of plywood and precisely assembled them (PL adhesive and tons of screws- it
weighs a ton). Impeccable build quality. He also outfitted all hatches with predrilled and threaded
inserts with machine screws as well as driver mounting. These enclosures are the most amazing I
have ever seen in terms of design and build quality. Truly a work of art. These are finished in
duratex and I currently have them with one port blocker (cncd wood) in them (25Hz tune-comes with 4 more port
blockers as well). I was using these in my home theater and wife says no more....

They have handles ALL OVER THEM for easier transport (they still weight almost 275lbs loaded with the neo B&C 21s.)
So two total available. One is outfitted with a pair of B&C 21SW152-4 for a 2 ohm load.
The other is loaded with a pair B&C 21DS115-8 for a 4 ohm total load. With the 3db difference in efficiency (DS115 are 3db more efficient than the SW152), they had the same output playing on the PL380 (even with 4 ohm on one channel and 2 ohm on the other).  They also sound and perform identically in usage.

I am asking:
$2100 for the SKHORN loaded with the 21DS115 drivers ($1000 just for drivers)- picked up
$2500  for the SKHORN loaded with the 21SW152 drivers ($1400 just for drivers)- picked up
$1600  for the QSC PL380 with shipping to the CONUS  ($2400 online)

$4200 for both SKHORNS picked up
$5500 for both SKHORNS and QSC PL380 picked up

I am located near Peoria, IL.  Feel free to PM with any questions or if you need more pictures.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:01:20 PM by Carl Howell »

ProSoundWeb Community

ZOD AUDIO SKHORN HIGH OUTPUT SUBWOOFERS and QSC pl380
« on: February 03, 2019, 12:57:13 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.