Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Best Kick Drum Mic?

<< < (2/53) > >>

Ned Ward:
rubbish. Everyone knows the best kick drum is a 1989 Radio Shack PZM mic, non-modified with the funky batteries in it, gaff-taped to the resonant head on the outside, with cable hanging down at a 167º angle. Others may claim this or that, or say "it depends," but that's a copout for the true BEST KICK DRUM MIC.

Chase Tower:
Currently my kick drum staple would be the Shure Beta 52 in the hole and the SM91 inside the drum.
I've recently started trying out the Audix D6 - Beta 91 combo, and have been getting pleasing results. I'm just so used to the 52 though, quick to get up and go, depending what type sound i'm looking for I guess.

Chris Hunt:
My mics of choice right now are D6 outside and e901 inside.  Tons of punch, low end, and click.  Lots of guys in town use to Beta 52 but I really don't care for it.  I think that it takes less work to make sound OK, but does not sound 1/2 as good as the D6 or e901 when properly setup. 

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: limelight on January 13, 2011, 12:38:05 PM ---My mics of choice right now are D6 outside and e901 inside.  Tons of punch, low end, and click.  Lots of guys in town use to Beta 52 but I really don't care for it.  I think that it takes less work to make sound OK, but does not sound 1/2 as good as the D6 of e901 when properly setup.

--- End quote ---

Chris -

Go to your profile and put your full name in the Name field.

Thanks

Matt Martin:

--- Quote from: Chris Gruber on January 11, 2011, 01:49:21 AM --- ::) Figured I'd get this one out of the way. I'll answer that it is situational, what sound I am looking for determines which mic I select. Therefor there are many, "BEST" kick drum mics.

--- End quote ---

the best microphone is the one that cost double of the one you just bought...lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version