Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Best Kick Drum Mic?

<< < (49/53) > >>

Nathan Vanderslice:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on April 01, 2021, 08:58:40 PM ---I should have added.....
Sadly in my experience, there are not enough drummers who can tune a kick drum on the 'weekend Warrior' circuit.  With a decent sounding drum to start with, it is pretty quick and straightforward to get any mic dialed in but when dealing with an inferior tone along with being given very little time to tweak to help matters, sometimes short cuts can be very handy and I'd suppose I'd call the D6 a short cut.

--- End quote ---
Lack of ability, not knowing that they need to do it for good sound, or can't be bothered?

Alex Cheng:

--- Quote from: Nathan Vanderslice on April 06, 2021, 10:09:01 PM --- Lack of ability, not knowing that they need to do it for good sound, or can't be bothered?

--- End quote ---

d) All of the above.

...sometimes :)

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Chris Gruber on January 11, 2011, 01:49:21 AM --- ::) Figured I'd get this one out of the way. I'll answer that it is situational, what sound I am looking for determines which mic I select. Therefor there are many, "BEST" kick drum mics.

--- End quote ---

I used an M88 last night for the first time. I now know what the best kick mic is.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Kemper Watson on May 14, 2023, 05:42:33 PM ---I used an M88 last night for the first time. I now know what the best kick mic is.

--- End quote ---

They are fantastic until they blow out. Then they are nothing.

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on May 15, 2023, 12:50:05 PM ---They are fantastic until they blow out. Then they are nothing.

--- End quote ---

How often does that happen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version