ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Check 1, 2  (Read 22271 times)

Steve Dumont

• SR Forums
Re: Check 1, 2
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »

Speaking of IL19's.  Has anyone used the new Whirlwind version "ISOXL"  My understanding is that they made their own after many QC issues with batches of IL19's.  It's less money and no big square thing in the middle like the "new" IL19's.

Steve

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 01:26:52 PM »

Seems to work from down here as well. ::)

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »

Speaking of IL19's.  Has anyone used the new Whirlwind version "ISOXL"  My understanding is that they made their own after many QC issues with batches of IL19's.  It's less money and no big square thing in the middle like the "new" IL19's.
The "big square thing" is a larger transformer that will perhaps let the device pass LF at line level instead of distorting... I very much want it there.
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »

The "big square thing" is a larger transformer that will perhaps let the device pass LF at line level instead of distorting... I very much want it there.

We officially have content.
Jay Barracato

Steve Dumont

• SR Forums
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 05:30:15 PM »

So i get the "first content" award?

I understand big transformer reasoning however this guy  http://www.masquesound.com/product.aspx?sku=s5713 has been a standard for quite some time with flat response down to 30Hz and low distortion, while maintaining a low profile.  Downside has always been price not performance.

If Sescom was having QC issues I can see Whirlwind looking for an alternative.  If they can do it at a good price point with a good freq response and no "big square thing" then we have a winner.

So again, has anyone actually used it?

Steve

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 07:08:37 PM »

I understand big transformer reasoning however this guy  http://www.masquesound.com/product.aspx?sku=s5713 has been a standard for quite some time with flat response down to 30Hz and low distortion, while maintaining a low profile.  Downside has always been price not performance.
At what input level? You can't fit a transformer that will do volts in that enclosure. The form factor is convenient, but I wouldn't use it on anything important, just like I don't use $20 DIs either.

For isolation, I use this guy and a 1' XLR whip when I need it inline.

How do I insert an inline image in this software? My attachment has failed security checks? What does that mean? It's a picture of a Twin Iso direct from Radial's site... Why would it also not return me to this thread after I post?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:45:17 PM by Bennett Prescott »
-- Bennett Prescott
B&C Speakers NA

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 07:26:44 PM »

How do I insert an inline imagine on this software? My attachment has failed security checks? What does that mean? It's a picture of a Twin Iso direct from Radial's site... Why would it also not return me to this thread after I post?
I have the same problem.  I guess we have not studied enough to pass.

I wonder how hard the test is
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Steve Dumont

• SR Forums
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 08:13:12 PM »

The info page that I linked on the Masque iso says "The Super ILT maintains frequency linearity down to 30 Hz and the distortion specifications are excellent, even at +18dB"  Have I tested one on the bench, no... do they sound good, yes.  Also, the "old" IL19's (before the "square thing") supposedly had the same specs as the newer bulbous ones.  Again, never measured one but they always worked.

The Radial iso boxes are great but the barrel types are nice for a quick fix in the doghouse or video village etc.

Maybe some comparison measurements are in order.  not as sexy as kick mic shootout but may be interesting.

Steve

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »

The info page that I linked on the Masque iso says "The Super ILT maintains frequency linearity down to 30 Hz and the distortion specifications are excellent, even at +18dB"
At what frequency? I'm sure it has no problem doing that at 1kHz.
-- Bennett Prescott
B&C Speakers NA

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »

So i get the "first content" award?

If Sescom was having QC issues I can see Whirlwind looking for an alternative.  If they can do it at a good price point with a good freq response and no "big square thing" then we have a winner.

So again, has anyone actually used it?

Steve
Used what? ::) ;D

Say, these emoticons look like crap  :'(.

You might want to try a new thread with your question.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.