ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barry’s Recording Tips: Figure Of Eight Royer For Electric Guitars  (Read 734 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Barry’s Recording Tips: Figure Of Eight Royer For Electric Guitars
A great way to achieve clean sounds and cruncher rhythm parts, especially on low-tuned guitar parts.
By Barry Rudolph • February 1, 2019

For recording electric guitars, I’ve been using a “trick” with the figure-of-eight Royer R121 ribbon microphone.

I like this method because it increases the “coupling” of the low-end frequencies and air of the speakers to the mic, and I also find it great for loud clean sounds and cruncher rhythm parts, especially low-tuned guitar parts where you want as much “sturm und drang” (storm and drive) as possible.

I line up dual 4 x 12 Marshall cabinets directly facing each other as close as six inches. I put the Royer in between the two cabs in the exact middle so that each lobe is aimed at an opposing cabinet...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/topics/studio/barrys_recording_tips_figure_of_eight_royer_for_electric_guitars/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.