ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dante compatibility  (Read 3174 times)

Ardingo Scarzella

Dante compatibility
« on: January 27, 2019, 10:52:22 AM »

Hi everybody
 I'm facing a big problem using different company devices with Dante
I just purchased a Glensound Express MKII and a couple of Neutrik NA2-IO-DLINE.
Using the 2 Neutrik toghter I don't see any problem. I can simply leave them working and they are transmitting Unicast and receiving audio, without any setting of the clock.
Same result using Glensound and a PC with Dante VIA.
But there is no way to have Gleansound and Neutrik working on the same infrastructure. As soon they are connected, or Neutrik or Glensound loose the clock (Synk status not locked - in grand master clock panel Red light on sync and a mute icon under mute column).
I can set as preferred master. and the muted device take immediately the clock green but the other device loose it at the same moment. If I switch the one that has no the preferred master became again red.
I don't have this problem in any other configuration.
Can you help me to understand what is wrong?
I tried with different routers with same result: Mikrotick router, apple airpot extreme, TP-link router
Devices are powered: Glensound with power cord, Neutrick with individual PoE injector
Dante software for Mac and Windows give the same results (win 10 and iOS 10.14.2)
Devices product version 1.1.0 both
Dante version Glensound 4.1.3.5
Dante version Neutrick 4.1.2.1
Seriously I need help, I convinced my small company to move on Dante and now we have awn event and we can not use it.

Gary Weller

Re: Dante compatibility
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 11:27:06 AM »

Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums.
Please fix or the mods will close your thread.

Ardingo Scarzella

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »

Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums.
Please fix or the mods will close your thread.
Done, thank you very much
Now.. some help ? :)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »

Done, thank you very much
Now.. some help ? :)

The Glensound Express MKii is not a Dante box, that would be the Paradiso, VITA or Express IP.

Perhaps a more detailed description of how you've got this all connected would help.  Also we have a forum for Wireless and Intercom where you might get more traction as the Express is more often associated with intercom and talent cuing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:17:50 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ardingo Scarzella

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:16:06 PM »

The Glensound Express MKii is not a Dante box, that would be the Paradiso, VITA or Express IP.

Perhaps a more detailed description of how you've got this all connected would help.  Also we have a forum for Wireless and Intercom where you might get more traction as the Express is more often associated with intercom and talent cuing.
Thank you very much I will try.
My fault I'm not talking about Glensound Express MKii but Glensound Express IP MKii that supposed to be Dante device
https://www.glensound.co.uk/product-details/express-ip-mkii/
almost if manufacturer is not laying on the label of ethernet port :) where is written DANTE port :) Anyhow I see the device on Dante controller as I wrote, and it is perfectly working when Neutrik is not connected on the network (I tested with a Mac wit Dante Via and it is receiving and transmitting)
Set up is basic: Glensound connected with cat6 to mikrotik (or other routers that I tried) connected to Neutrik (powered with PoE). No subnet, so VPN, no switch, no wifi, no long cables, no junction, no patch panel, nothing. Simply device - router - device
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:27:11 PM by Ardingo Scarzella »

Ardingo Scarzella

Dante incompatibility? HELP
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 05:19:18 PM »

Hi everybody
I'm writing here because I'm desperate.
I just purchased a Glensound Express IP MKII and a couple of Neutrik NA2-IO-DLINE.
Using the 2 Neutrik toghter I don't see any problem. I can simply leave them working and they are transmitting Unicast and receiving audio, without any setting of the clock.
But there is no way to have Gleansound and Neutrik working on the same infrastructure. As soon they are connected, or Neutrik or Glensound loose the clock (Synk status not locked - in grand master clock panel Red light on sync and a mute icon under mute column).
I can set as preferred master. and the muted device take immediately the clock green but the other device loose it at the same moment. If I switch the one that has no the preferred master became again red.
I tried with different routers with same result: Mikrotick router, apple airpot extreme, TP-link router
Devices are powered: Glensound with power cord, Neutrick with individual PoE injector
Dante software for Mac and Windows give the same results (win 10 and iOS 10.14.2)

Complete set up: 2 avio mics and headphone connected to Glensound powered by his power cord - network cable (changed) to router Mikrotick (changed) connected to Neutrik (with POE) with XLR exit to analog mixer. Neutrik and another Neutrik are working tighter but no one of them works with Glensound.
Seriously I need help, I convinced my small company to move on Dante and now we have awn event and we can not use it.
Thank you in advance to anybody that can help me somehow
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:21:39 PM by Ardingo Scarzella »

Dan Currie

Re: Dante incompatibility? HELP
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 05:52:03 PM »

Perhaps it's an issue with one device being set to redundant and the other to daisy chain?  My next trouble shooting step is to look at ip addresses.  Perhaps their is a conflict?

Hi everybody
I just purchased a Glensound Express IP MKII and a couple of Neutrik NA2-IO-DLINE.

Complete set up: 2 avio mics and headphone connected to Glensound powered by his power cord - network cable (changed) to router Mikrotick (changed) connected to Neutrik (with POE) with XLR exit to analog mixer. Neutrik and another Neutrik are working tighter but no one of them works with Glensound.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Dante incompatibility? HELP
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 06:59:13 PM »

Hi everybody

At least for troubleshooting, ditch the router and use a Dante approved switch.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 07:27:12 PM »

There are a couple of things that will take me some time to wrap my head around but...

The first thing is the use of a wireless access point.  The folks at Audinate say to not use TCP/IP wireless networking so try putting this rig together with CAT6, eliminating the Mikrotik entirely.

Maybe give that a try and see if it works.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 11:18:44 PM »

First stop using WiFi access points as your network.  Get a proper non-blocking switch where EEE can be disabled.  You need a proper network if you’re going to use Dante effectively.  It doesn’t have to be expensive though if you’re using PoE devices then a PoE switch will make things simpler and those do cost more.  Pay attention to the PoE power budget of the switch and your power requirements if you go down that road.

Ardingo Scarzella

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 03:05:47 AM »

First I want to thank you for the time that you are dedicating to help me in finding a solution for my trouble.
May be there is a misunderstanding, i’m Not using any WiFi device, my Mikrotick is a wired switch (they call cloud switch no idea why), basically a router wired, but I tested also with a tp-link switch with the same result
I’m desperate :(

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 07:47:35 AM »

First I want to thank you for the time that you are dedicating to help me in finding a solution for my trouble.
May be there is a misunderstanding, i’m Not using any WiFi device, my Mikrotick is a wired switch (they call cloud switch no idea why), basically a router wired, but I tested also with a tp-link switch with the same result
I’m desperate :(

Post exact model numbers of the network equipment you’ve tried.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 12:15:33 PM »

You stated no subnet. .??

What ip addresses are used? Is dhcp used?
Which device is desired to be clock master?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 12:15:33 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.