ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Follow spot lumens (or Lux) chart for practicle use (Edited to 902)  (Read 2269 times)

David Allred

Is there a guide or chart that specifies the functionality of a follow spot given certain ambient lighting condition (dark room, stage lighting (different colors possibly), back lighting in use etc)?
I want to stop lugging my bulky, heavy Altman 901 around and get an LED.  I am looking at the ADJ 60w follow spot.   The 902 far exceeds any thing I need.   I looked for data on it but have not been successful to do a comparison.  My use will be mostly dark room with minimal ambience (ballroom leadout settings), and some small color lit stages (8 wash fixtures). 
Any useful info about the ADJ fixture?

Thanks. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:47:37 PM by David Allred »

Jerome Malsack

Re: Follow spot lumens (or Lux) chart for practicle use
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 12:39:46 PM »

it is hard to say.  the best comparison would be to measure the lumens at the stage. 
I have the older Chuavet 400G  followspot that is 400 watt halogen bulb.  This works well for me
with 60 ft.  The DMX was also a big help. 

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:32:12 PM »

If the maker of the lighting instrument doesn't publish photometric data, all you can do is try using it to see if it is adequate for your needs.  Photometric specs might not tell the whole story, but you can get a reasonable idea on how instruments compare.  For myself, if I can't review photometric data, I don't bother with that fixture.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

David Allred

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 02:39:07 PM »

If the maker of the lighting instrument doesn't publish photometric data, all you can do is try using it to see if it is adequate for your needs.  Photometric specs might not tell the whole story, but you can get a reasonable idea on how instruments compare.  For myself, if I can't review photometric data, I don't bother with that fixture.

The data I can't locate is of the Altman 902 I have.  I guess I could use the lux app I have on my tablet, but I'd much rather have published specs by the manufacturer.   I have the data for the LED fixture I am interested in.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:47:53 PM by David Allred »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 02:39:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.