ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville Synergy Line  (Read 12050 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Yorkville Synergy Line
« on: January 25, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »

Yorkville has a new Synergy Line. Looks to be a solid replacement to the me too speaker on the stick type setup.  Danley designs incorporated in it.

http://yorkville.com/synergy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=80&v=eE2KuBXPI0c

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 08:04:25 PM by Douglas R. Allen »

Rick Powell

Re: Yorkville Synergy Line
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 12:01:49 AM »

From the Danley Users Group FB page:

Hi All
There is a bit of an issue / confusion with the name of the series. This is my fault not Yorkville’s, although I didn’t remember it.
I had Hernia surgery a while back and leading up to and afterwards for about two weeks I wasn’t myself mentally. All I can say is anesthesia and pain meds are weird and take a while to wear off or did for me.
After being reminded of it, they did bounce the name off me and I said I thought it was ok.
As we are getting better known I should bounced that off the others at DSL but at that time it didn’t occur to me. Anything like it the future will not suffer this mistake (and I am not going to get another Hernia lifting big sub woofers).
It’s been a long time since I went to NAMM, but I wish I could hear their new system myself.
Best Regards
Tom Danley

Patrick Cognitore

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 12:13:07 AM »

Yorkville has a new Synergy Line. Looks to be a solid replacement to the me too speaker on the stick type setup.
A deployment of 2 stacks per side is needed to get 90* output.

https://youtu.be/eE2KuBXPI0c?t=180

So it's gonna be a significantly bigger investment - both in cost and transport/logistics -  than a simple 'top on a stick on a sub' set-up. It will likely have substantially more output as well.

They do show a graphic with one stack per side, but I can't think of a venue where that would be suitable (45* coverage?).

They are claiming subwoofer response of 130db measured C weighted, +/-3db down to 31hz, which is actually pretty impressive if accurate.

I have no idea of pricing but with the licensed Danley tech and premium componentry I'd guess it's well above Yorkville Elite level. I'm curious what their intended market is for this, the video seems to indicate they expect it to scale from a small venue to arena just by adding boxes and flying.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 12:42:59 AM »

Well this is definitely an interesting new contribution to the market.  The first few thoughts that pop to mind (in no particular order):

- The height of the subs rule out transportation in a standard utility van (standing up).  They would mandate a truck or trailer.

- The weight of the tops is too much to be safely lifted by one person if stacking on the sub, and pole mounting is not an option here.

These two factors combined place the system logistically beyond the SM80/TH118 and Noesis/Orbit Shifter level - arguably two of the top-level SOS rigs currently on the market - either of which can be deployed by a single person out of a van.  I'd be curious to hear how a 1 sub/1 top per side system would compare to the Danley/JTR options, and if the added logistical considerations would be compensated for by performance.  I'd be surprised if it did, which would essentially place it beyond the average weekend warrior, semi-pro, and SOS provider.  Per the video it would appear that this system is aimed more towards larger deployments, but since they mention scale I think it's important to note that the product's size and weight essentially exclude it from consideration in smaller applications where there are better options available, at least in my opinion.   

I have to wonder where this would place among the old Unity Series and TX Series...  I'd guess in between, but I'm sure time will tell.  Personally, I felt (from what I could piece together from dealers/distributors) that the Danley Exodus Series did the larger level point source quasi-scaling better, but it's not apples to apples either.  Definitely an interesting approach though! 

Guy Graham

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 06:02:21 AM »

I have no idea of pricing but with the licensed Danley tech and premium componentry I'd guess it's well above Yorkville Elite level. I'm curious what their intended market is for this, the video seems to indicate they expect it to scale from a small venue to arena just by adding boxes and flying.

It's neat to see innovative tech moving into a more mainstream product, at what I assume will be prices that don't directly compete with Danley's own range.

I'd be curious about the anticipated market too? Arrayable "high Q" trap boxes don't really seem very popular right now.

Unless you really needed the modularity of this or the coverage provided by just one, by the time you add up the cost of multiple units you could probably manage to afford one pair of Danley Synergy Horns, providing the same coverage from a single box - unless these are a lot cheaper than they look.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 07:20:31 AM »

I keep wondering about the price point. The tops alone look to be in the $2500-$3500 range each and the subs much more. Time will tell I guess. Maybe they've found some way to cut cost. Still interesting times with products like these coming out.

Douglas R. Allen

Sean Zurbrick

• My band
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 08:59:19 AM »

I keep wondering about the price point. The tops alone look to be in the $2500-$3500 range each and the subs much more. Time will tell I guess. Maybe they've found some way to cut cost. Still interesting times with products like these coming out.

Douglas R. Allen

Right. With 4 tops and 4 subs needed for the smallest configuration that has any kind of deployment flexibility, that's a pile 1,400 lb and  maybe ~$25K speakers. Yet at around 6' tall I can't imagine it deploying well in a ground stack situation with the audience at close range as they'd be eye level with the throat of the top box. I'm surprised there's not a 12" pole accessory, or dummy box spacer. I suppose with the cost of the boxes plus labor and transport, there wouldn't be many small venue ground stack situations as the client likely couldn't afford it.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 03:55:16 PM »

Some polar plots would be nice so we can see the actual coverage vs frequency.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Roland Clarke

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 04:35:14 PM »

Polar plots and everything else aside, I think we need some first hand experiences of how they actually sound and whether they work in real scenarios.  Tom is without doubt, one of the really good and influential speaker designers around at the moment, but how much or how little he was involved in this product may never really be known, it may we’ll be only the use of his design patent.  If it does sound good, weight, price point and form factor will likely decide if it’s ultimately successful.

James Paul

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 03:04:52 AM »

One bottom /one top, L/R, about 40-50' spread, outside,
angled in to center, live mix, in front of Dynaudio demo trailer @ NAMM.
VERY narrow top dispersion. To be fair, a handicapped demo situation, as unable to drive hard and far.
Did not care for tonality with what I did hear.
Questions of price, performance, and best applications.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 03:04:52 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.