ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I hate using Craigslist these days....  (Read 7196 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: I hate using Craigslist these days....
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 06:27:47 PM »

I say, give 'em something to complain about (Sorry Ms. Raitt, Something to talk about)
Say yes to all low ball bids.  Set the same time and place for them all to "meet you" and then stand them all up.  Tell them to all wear a carnation so you'll be able to recognize them  "You'll" have one, too! (tee hee)
They'd have plenty to talk about.  ;D

Use the anonymity of CL to your advantage.  I have NO CONSCIENCE!

frank

OMG - Frank that is too funny !!!.... mmm...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ed Hall

• Classic LAB
  • Lansdale, PA
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 06:37:03 PM »

Why not list the gear in the Marketplace here? You’ll be in front of an audience that is interested in pro audio gear, knows what a fair price is and is somewhat prescreened.

I recently bought 4 Growlers in the Marketplace for a fair price. (They kick a** for their size BTW) Drive from Philly to Maine to pick them up from a Labster. Overall a great experience.

What do you have? Central NC isn’t so far.
I can't change reality just because you don't like it!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 06:45:16 PM »

Why not list the gear in the Marketplace here? You’ll be in front of an audience that is interested in pro audio gear, knows what a fair price is and is somewhat prescreened.

I recently bought 4 Growlers in the Marketplace for a fair price. (They kick a** for their size BTW) Drive from Philly to Maine to pick them up from a Labster. Overall a great experience.

What do you have? Central NC isn’t so far.

I could do that but the stuff I am selling might not be of interest to the folks here. ...Pair of DXR10's, a couple of compressors, crossover, bass guitar, pedal and micro bass head.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 07:42:12 PM »

I could do that but the stuff I am selling might not be of interest to the folks here. ...Pair of DXR10's, a couple of compressors, crossover, bass guitar, pedal and micro bass head.

So post em. Doesn’t cost much

You never know what people are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Richard Turner

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 09:59:02 PM »

Stop feeding the trolls. THeyre just looking for somewhere to put their self loathing out into the world. FB marketplace and musician groups will work for items under $1000.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 10:20:01 AM »

Here's what I do on Craigslist...

I write the ad and post pictures.  At the bottom of the ad (like most of you), I put the usual comments, "local pickup only", etc... etc... though, will usually include "Serious inquires only" - this entry (believe it not) reduced a lot of trolling. 

However, I add another line at the bottom that references something like this, "Attn: Scammers  - please respond to this ad with your contact information (email and/or phone) so that it may be uploaded to the national scammers database".

After having added that line, I rarely ever get any responses to things I have posted.  Because no one responds, I haven't posted in several months.  Most of the stuff I have now (no matter how good or functional it is) goes to local recycling centers.  I have a working 42" LCD flat screen TV (TV tuner doesn't work, but everything else does) that I'll be dropping off for recycling very soon.  Anyone around Raleigh want a free TV?

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 10:22:15 AM »

Stop feeding the trolls. THeyre just looking for somewhere to put their self loathing out into the world. FB marketplace and musician groups will work for items under $1000.

And it happens in retail in person as well.  I just chaulk it up to the hazards of sales.  But as the son of a son of a saleman, maybe I'm just used to it.(apologies to Mr. Buffett).

Craigslist has a block feature for ads you don't want to see.  Always use the annonymous email feature there too.

That said, I've had better responses lately on FB Marketplace.

Best regards,

John

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 11:18:28 AM »

Alway try the marketplace here. I just had a fellow Forum member drive up to PA from New Orleans to buy my Yorkvilles U15ps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 11:37:00 AM »

Throw in FB marketplace too.

"Where is the item located?" [Stated in the listing]
"How much?" [stated in the listing]
"Where is the item located?" [gives zip code] "where is that?" [?]
"Does the item work?" [stated in listing]

Gah, do people not read?
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 11:52:52 AM »

Throw in FB marketplace too.

"Where is the item located?" [Stated in the listing]
"How much?" [stated in the listing]
"Where is the item located?" [gives zip code] "where is that?" [?]
"Does the item work?" [stated in listing]

Gah, do people not read?

Oh I get people asking the price when it is written in the title PLUS again in the body of the ad. Sometimes I want to be so sarcastic in my response to some of these people but there is always the risk that this is the one that will come through and make the purchase...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 11:52:52 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.