ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you get an SM58 to sound like this? NEW Simply Red Concert Vid  (Read 12322 times)

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: How do you get an SM58 to sound like this? NEW Simply Red Concert Vid
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2019, 09:17:32 PM »

There are recording tools that are essentially auto faders and I would will a bet adaptive EQ ( not much further from Multiband dynamics ) that can really make it seem like a re-recording. There is also some really really good noise reduction software out there now that is only just short of miracle status. The iZotope stuff is really scary good in the right hands.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »

As Mick pulls off the mic (over 30cm) you don't hear any bleed.  Nothing.  No additional orchestra, no "ambiance".

That's not a matter of plugins, that's a replacement.  This is identical to the Peter Gabriel replacement.  When Mick gets back on top of the mic there is no change in tonality, zero, zip, nada.  While a certain amount of that can be corrected with dynamic EQ, it cannot be eliminated 100%.

Again, I'm not disparaging Mick's talent, quite to the contrary.  I'm only saying that what you hear is not what was recorded in situ.
Very low stage volume, very low house volume and some clever use of ambience/crowd mics to mask the bleed when he pulls te mic to far away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4picpDIVE

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.