ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF TT22A (older version) vs HD32A Mk 4  (Read 3119 times)

Les Kanekuni

RCF TT22A (older version) vs HD32A Mk 4
« on: January 23, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »

Hello, we are in the process of auditioning new speakers for our venue.  We have the older HD32a's and are considering used TT22a's or or the new Mk4's.  Can anyone give a recommendation?  We are also auditioning KV2 Ex10s which are great but not as smooth on the high end as we are used to. 

Lev Raber

Re: RCF TT22A (older version) vs HD32A Mk 4
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 11:22:25 AM »

Depends on your budget and how many speakers you're looking to buy. RCF TT22a  is the older cabinet. The new MK4 model is good for what it is. I'd suggest TT25a if you're looking for used ones. All KV2 cabinets are very expensive. It's hard to give you a proper advise without knowing more about your venue and how much money you're willing to spend. The market is flooded with good powered 12" and 10" speakers, but I myself never use anything with small diaphragm HF drivers, just a thought.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »

As always, more info = better advice.
Type of music?
Size of room?Expected volume?
etc . . .
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:12:56 PM by Dave Garoutte »
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Les Kanekuni

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 11:24:12 PM »

As always, more info = better advice.
Type of music?
Size of room?Expected volume?
etc . . .

200 capacity.  Room is about 30' x50'.  Anything from Americana to jazz to rock.  Volume depends on the genre of music -- anything from moderate to louder for rock.  I find the clearer the speakers, the less volume is necessary.  Clarity more important than volume overall. We never have screamingly loud shows except for the occasional dance event.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:40:55 PM »

Hello, we are in the process of auditioning new speakers for our venue.  We have the older HD32a's and are considering used TT22a's or or the new Mk4's.  Can anyone give a recommendation?  We are also auditioning KV2 Ex10s which are great but not as smooth on the high end as we are used to.

I use both the older TT22A and the Mk4 HD32A on a regular basis. For music I'd definitely go for the TT22's.  We have 8 TT22 and 20 HD32 Mk4.
Only aber with the TT22 are the switches on the back, all of them gets bad, so you have to just touch/move them to get full-tone sometimes, but ours are not in flight cases and are being tossed around a lot.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 12:47:34 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Les Kanekuni

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »

I use both the older TT22A and the Mk4 HD32A on a regular basis. For music I'd definitely go for the TT22's.  We have 8 TT22 and 20 HD32 Mk4.
Only aber with the TT22 are the switches on the back, all of them gets bad, so you have to just touch/move them to get full-tone sometimes, but ours are not in flight cases and are being tossed around a lot.

Thanks, Miquel.  Have you heard the NX32a by any chance?  Looks basically like the HD32a with a wood cabinet.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 11:36:53 AM »

Thanks, Miquel.  Have you heard the NX32a by any chance?  Looks basically like the HD32a with a wood cabinet.

No I haven't, those are the two only stick-boxes from RCF I have experience with. But my tip would be to go with something made out of wood, as I fell that *all* plastic boxes always have some sort of low-mid resonance in them.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 02:35:28 PM »

The NX32's sound very good. They have the new FIR filter DSP and are at a nice price point. I'd prefer them to the plastic boxes. The TT stuff is a considerable step up in cabinet finish, if nothing else.

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 02:35:28 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.