ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Karlheinz Stockhausen and EQ's?  (Read 1317 times)

Dan Mortensen

Karlheinz Stockhausen and EQ's?
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:33:54 PM »

In another project I'm working on which is completely unrelated to live sound, the subject of Karlheinz Stockhausen, the late composer and electronic music performer, came up, and two people said they'd like to learn more about him.

I did a little research and it appears that he would mix his own live performances; there are pictures of him at consoles starting in the days when we each made and used our own, and ending when he died in 2007.

There is a series of pictures showing him in what appears to be an installed control room, with what seems to be several graphic EQ's, but the sliders on each seem to be about 10" long at a minimum.

I'm attaching one of the series that is the highest resolution I've been able to find, as well as a couple of lower resolution ones of some kind of mixing consoles with no visible EQ.

Any ideas what they are? The graphics appear to be variations of a product line, while the mixing consoles look less so.

Anybody here work with him?

Dan Mortensen

Re: Karlheinz Stockhausen and EQ's?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 09:39:56 PM »

The first picture in this post is him and Mesias Maiguashea in the Studio for Electronic Music in Cologne at WDR in June 1971, just to show another mixing console.

The second might be him at a gig on a more modern mixing console (Midas? Something else?).

Hopefully that second one and the two with smaller consoles make this relevant to this forum. My apologies if not.

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:14:54 PM »

These are great - Thanks, Dan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:14:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.