Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Remember that one day???

(1/6) > >>

William Schnake:
Remember that one day when the temperature was -3 and the windchill was -14 and you where out at the shop and fell and broke your right shoulder?!?!?  After all of that you had to drive to the hospital to get it your shoulder set....Oh wait that's how my day has gone so far.  Finally home.  Oh, and more good news, shows pickup this coming weekend with three sold out shows and one arm to mix with.  This is going to be fun.

Hope everyone is having a better day than I am.

Bill

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: William Schnake on January 20, 2019, 04:48:27 pm ---Remember that one day when the temperature was -3 and the windchill was -14 and you where out at the shop and fell and broke your right shoulder?!?!?  After all of that you had to drive to the hospital to get it your shoulder set....Oh wait that's how my day has gone so far.  Finally home.  Oh, and more good news, shows pickup this coming weekend with three sold out shows and one arm to mix with.  This is going to be fun.

Bill

--- End quote ---
Wow, that sucks, Bill! I remember driving myself to the ER with a sprained wrist...that was bad enough, and in summer, too! If you've been holding out on buying some hi-traction winter footwear, now's the time to go all in so you don't do it again. All the best and here's hoping for a speedy recovery, and acts that play so well that they can all be mixed with one hand  ;)

Ray Soly:

--- Quote from: William Schnake on January 20, 2019, 04:48:27 pm ---Remember that one day when the temperature was -3 and the windchill was -14 and you where out at the shop and fell and broke your right shoulder?!?!?  After all of that you had to drive to the hospital to get it your shoulder set....Oh wait that's how my day has gone so far.  Finally home.  Oh, and more good news, shows pickup this coming weekend with three sold out shows and one arm to mix with.  This is going to be fun.

Bill

--- End quote ---

I remember that day!  29 yrs ago actually .......up on the beams pulling a 2 ton chain and my back went out......life as i knew it was gone......they had to get me down from the beam,the grid and the fly floor on all fours......ambulance waiting, strapped me up on a plank to straighten my spine ...oh i wish i was somewhere else....had a long broadway tour coming up that i had to give up ...took me a year to get back to working again.....yep i remember.....I hope it all ends well for you Bill.......I can't even imagine mixing with one hand....but, I've seen it done with no hands ;-))

Ray

Dave Pluke:

--- Quote from: William Schnake on January 20, 2019, 04:48:27 pm ---Hope everyone is having a better day than I am.

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  Now, I kinda feel guilty about complaining about the cold north wind today.

Sorry to hear about your mishap, Bill.  Hope the weather warms and your recovery is quick and complete.

Dave

William Schnake:

--- Quote from: Ray Soly on January 20, 2019, 07:01:40 pm ---I remember that day!  29 yrs ago actually .......up on the beams pulling a 2 ton chain and my back went out......life as i knew it was gone......they had to get me down from the beam,the grid and the fly floor on all fours......ambulance waiting, strapped me up on a plank to straighten my spine ...oh i wish i was somewhere else....had a long broadway tour coming up that i had to give up ...took me a year to get back to working again.....yep i remember.....I hope it all ends well for you Bill.......I can't even imagine mixing with one hand....but, I've seen it done with no hands ;-))

Ray

--- End quote ---

Wow Ray.  Now I don't feel nearly as bad.  My biggest problem is being able to use my right hand, however I can use just the left if need be.  I don't have to move or setup anything on these first shows.  Just mix.

--- Quote ---Wow, that sucks, Bill! I remember driving myself to the ER with a sprained wrist...that was bad enough, and in summer, too! If you've been holding out on buying some hi-traction winter footwear, now's the time to go all in so you don't do it again.

--- End quote ---

Ike, I was in shorts and tennis shoes.  I was just out to put some lock de-icer on the main lock so we can all work tomorrow.  Anyway, just a dumb thing I did.  Thank.

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version