ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: M32 "Live" released  (Read 8151 times)

Douglas R. Allen

John Fruits

Re: M32 "Live" released
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 09:28:55 PM »

Did a quick search and didn't see any post.
All the chit chat about it is in the LAB, not the LAB Lounge under "New Midas Console".
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 10:00:00 PM »

Anyone have a list of changes relative to the M32?

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 12:46:07 AM »

Rubber buttons ( like the V2 version of the X32 ) and more lighting on those buttons. And instead of the USB interface for its card slot, it uses the new " SD Live " card instead for direct to SD card recording. That's it. Kind of a small revision more so than a new rollout. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:48:46 AM by Luke Geis »
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 09:04:05 AM »

All the chit chat about it is in the LAB, not the LAB Lounge under "New Midas Console".

I looked through it. At the time of the tread there was only the M32 "R" LIVE information released by Midas.  This release is on the full fame desk M32 LIVE.

Looks like the same changes though.

Douglas R. Allen

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 12:58:19 PM »

http://www.musictribe.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/Digital/M32-LIVE/p/P0C7R?fbclid=IwAR2Itql9xbzUiq477RCORVXvpGnVmPKOrtFuhMJeg2bbW3NGj9F4nNhq-1U

Did a quick search and didn't see any post.

Douglas R. Allen

I have been told that it is a normal M32 with the X-Live card already installed in it. The pictures that show the surface look to me like an old pre-release picture that for some reason they seem to keep using. I hope they haven’t changes the buttons and switches to the cheaper ones like used on the X32. If you look at the standard M32 on their web site it shows the same picture.  But the M32r and the M32r live pictures look different from each other. Who really know what they are up to?

Has anyone bought one of the LIVE versions with the card preinstalled, that can post a picture of the front on the mixer?

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 09:21:58 PM »

I have been told that it is a normal M32 with the X-Live card already installed in it. The pictures that show the surface look to me like an old pre-release picture that for some reason they seem to keep using. I hope they haven’t changes the buttons and switches to the cheaper ones like used on the X32. If you look at the standard M32 on their web site it shows the same picture.  But the M32r and the M32r live pictures look different from each other. Who really know what they are up to?

Has anyone bought one of the LIVE versions with the card preinstalled, that can post a picture of the front on the mixer?

They really do have a problem with getting the images right. The M32R doesn't have the white circle around the screen like in their photo. Its just not there.

Douglas R. Allen

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 04:42:53 AM »

The problem is that no actual photos are being used. All of their modern pictures are cad renderings nowadays.

I kind of like that white frame... A pitty that they didn’t keep it.

They really do have a problem with getting the images right. The M32R doesn't have the white circle around the screen like in their photo. Its just not there.

Douglas R. Allen

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 12:43:44 AM »

Last night the venue I was working, helping a digital mixer newbie with an installed house system that just 2 weeks ago had a new M32Live installed. And it does use what appears to be the X32 buttons. I don’t know what other cost saving they have done to that version of the mixer. But I would like to know.

Gunther Mai

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 08:38:13 AM »

I don't know wether they are less expensive but those buttons are required by a lot of users cause their interior functional lighting is more visible than the former m32 ones.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:41:52 AM by Gunther Mai »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 08:38:13 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.