ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SRX812P pole mount issue  (Read 3321 times)

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
Re: SRX812P pole mount issue
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 11:59:18 AM »

That sleeve won't work. 38 mm is nearly 1.5" diameter. I have used these little K&M rubber rings before, and keep some in stock. For quite a while they were out and I thought discontinued, but I see them again on the current product list.

K&M 85890

So i'm confused, Debbie says the metal ones work but plastic ones are better and Mike says they won't work. The K&M ring seems awfully flimsy, doesn't seem like they will last more than a couple of uses??!! also quite expensive for what they are...

thanks

Ray

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 12:21:48 PM »

The K&M with the expanding mandrel is what I’ve been using for the past few years. The great thing about the expanding mandrel is that it also contracts, making it very easy to remove the speaker back off the stand. Yes it does put a small dent in the stand when you tighten the set screw, but so what?

Steve Garris

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 03:05:38 PM »

So i'm confused, Debbie says the metal ones work but plastic ones are better and Mike says they won't work. The K&M ring seems awfully flimsy, doesn't seem like they will last more than a couple of uses??!! also quite expensive for what they are...

thanks

Ray

The spec's on the 812p state the pole cup is 35 mm. Those adapters are 38 mm which is more typical of a lighting T-Bar (but not all).

I just might try that K&M ring - didn't know it existed!

Jay Marr

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 03:41:42 PM »

When I had a sloppy fit as noted in the OP, I used black business cards to tighten up the fit.
Gives the option of adding more to one side so that you can make up for any tilt that may be happening.
Always worked like a charm.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 05:04:54 PM »

With size tolerances varying so greatly on some of the stuff made in China, getting the right size to fit when it comes to such small measurements can sometimes be tough.
My point was that the K&M plastic version in my experience is the thinnest one I have found of this type and I have used them successfully on some of my speaker poles when speaker wobble is bad. They might not fit so well if the speaker pole cup is a tighter fit but they do work depending on size of cup and size of pole.  I cut my K&M's up one side and removed a thin piece all the way up and it allows for a really nice snug fit on most of my speaker stands and speakers. YMMV.
These days in instances where the wobble just needs a slight helping hand, I either use my tilters or I use my trusty shims.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »

I don't use them frequently but have had a pair on some poles for about 15 years. Cost is $5 a pair + shipping. If, like me, you don't like the idea of paying more to ship something than the amount it costs, I'd suggest that you buy something else that costs more and add these to the order.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »

With size tolerances varying so greatly on some of the stuff made in China, getting the right size to fit when it comes to such small measurements can sometimes be tough.
My point was that the K&M plastic version in my experience is the thinnest one I have found of this type and I have used them successfully on some of my speaker poles when speaker wobble is bad. They might not fit so well if the speaker pole cup is a tighter fit but they do work depending on size of cup and size of pole.  I cut my K&M's up one side and removed a thin piece all the way up and it allows for a really nice snug fit on most of my speaker stands and speakers. YMMV.
These days in instances where the wobble just needs a slight helping hand, I either use my tilters or I use my trusty shims.

Thanks Debbie,

I don't use them frequently but have had a pair on some poles for about 15 years. Cost is $5 a pair + shipping. If, like me, you don't like the idea of paying more to ship something than the amount it costs, I'd suggest that you buy something else that costs more and add these to the order.

from Audiopyle perhaps? :-)...

Thanks I might suggest the rings as a first fix.....and also get some plastic K&M tubes Debbie suggested included in the order...

Ray

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.