ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer C200  (Read 9271 times)

Guy Graham

Re: Behringer C200
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 05:01:02 PM »

It looks like the LEDs are in the center section only.  Tweeters on top.
They super cheaped out as it will only play MP3s.  Even my phone will play WAVs and FLACs.
I distinctly recall that when we had the original X32 mega thread (it may have been on SF.net, where Christian T. reported his beta type testing in detail & Uli commented) we were informed the X32 only played WAV files via USB, as MP3 added to the cost per console hence was omitted on grounds of benefit versus cost, plus ruled out as potential firmware upgrade (I think).

10+ years ago, when the cost of compact media was higher, I'd suspect choosing MP3 over lossless playback was the better compromise. These days with the relatively low price of high capacity SD cards, I'd much prefer 24/48 or Red Book CD format playback functionality - given the choice of only lossy or lossless, and not both.

However given how much music can be stored and played from everyone's phones, plus near-universal Bluetooth built in to them - I think any cost incurred via the inclusion of Bluetooth is probably a smarter tradeoff, especially for this type of product. Conversely were we talking X32s etc, I'd prefer the lossless physical media option (preferably with optional Bluetooth via a card).

I'm slightly surprised none of the 3 line level inputs is a 3.5mm stereo jack socket, given how common manual phone connection for playback still is, and the cumbersome size of 1/4" jack adaptors (+ how they protrude, putting force on the socket if knocked). An easy option for using an analogue connection, at least mitigates the format restriction.

In respect of the LED's quantity and position, the photo on their site is apparently a bit misleading. Perhaps the advertised light show for "small to medium sized ... nightclubs" and "club-style atmosphere" is rather ambitious, though not unexpected.

It does seem a shame. I thought the full column with the light show implied in the photo would actually look pretty good, assuming it was bright enough overall.

My initial suggestion it was a bit tacky, had seemed a little unfair on reflection - though there's still no reason the half sized light show won't look relatively good, given the anticipated low cost of the whole unit.

At the end of the day, assuming the Behringer branding is indicative of the price - this should still be a good value, versatile and useful solution for the right jobs and people!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:28:57 PM by Guy Graham »

Guy Graham

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 05:25:25 PM »

The biggest problem with systems like this regardless of the brand name is all too often the people using it believe that it will work in every scenario from a solo performer to a 10 piece band in every room from small to huge.
I agree, especially in light of the venue sizes suggested in the promotional material (as per some selected quotes in my previous post).

On the other hand, folks are far more knowledgeable about skinny column, all-in-one powered speaker systems these days.

Whilst overly exaggerated marketing claims are still not helpful, Bose both started it and took the full force of the subsequent hit from dissatisfied users with un-met and unrealistic expectations. This went on for so long, they've effectively become the proverbial yardstick!

Theoretically there should be fewer people susceptible to misunderstanding the scale of the capabilities. Plus in spite of the misleading advertising (which I'm not excusing) the anticipated low price point for this particular product, should be more conducive towards realistic performance expectations - as the relatively obscene high cost of the Bose versions undoubtedly contributed to unrealistic expectations.

Whilst I don't know about the American market, but part of the Bose problem in the UK was the limited ability to actually hear or use their products before buying!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

vadim martynyuk

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 11:04:02 PM »

Is the remote only for usb/sd playback controls or for complete control of the c200’s mixing ?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 11:04:02 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.