ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic case suggestions?  (Read 5888 times)

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
Re: Mic case suggestions?
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 09:38:09 AM »

x10 on the Pelican cases, or drawers in workboxes where you can keep clips on the mics.  I got away from the thru-hole style of case as it doesn't easily allow for that.  We also use quick releases on stands, so having the mic/clip assembly already together just allows for a faster deployment/strike.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 07:25:15 PM »

x10 on the Pelican cases, or drawers in workboxes where you can keep clips on the mics.  I got away from the thru-hole style of case as it doesn't easily allow for that.  We also use quick releases on stands, so having the mic/clip assembly already together just allows for a faster deployment/strike.

uh-huh
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 08:01:29 AM »

and why does the cable count seem to double?...

Because the band didn't supply an up-to-date rider, and have since added 2x keys, backing vox, and a brass section.  ;)

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 08:35:02 AM »

I've switched to the SKB cases syled like Pelicans as well.  Had one of the old style SKB cases for years, then found a used R&R large briefcase that I converted to a 24+ mic case for larger gigs.  Got tired of banging my knee carrying the nearly cubical SKB case, and the lack of wheels on the R&R, so a few years ago went with the SKB 12 and 24 mic cases.  The 12 is small enough to carry easily, and the 24 has wheels and pop up handle.  Been very happy with the move.

Never liked carrying my mics in pouches with the clips, although I do so for large condensers, and mics I don't use every gig that I can just toss into the case as needed.  I also can't stand leaving clips on mic stands.  I have a bunch of Klein canvas pouches in rainbow colors to sort clips, adaptors/turnaround shorty cables, Sharpies, flashlight, even some small DI boxes from Ales Dravenic.

YMMV.

Best regards,

John

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 12:43:14 PM »

I just use a zip bag for all the common mic clips. 10 to a bag. I never leave em on stands. The common vocal type mics go in pouches with no clips. Any mic that requires a special clip has the clip with it and so noted on the pouch.

Since most of the mics I deploy at a gig are not of the common SM58 style, the foam with holes doesn’t work for me.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 12:43:14 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.