ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAS Action vs. DAS Vantec vs. JBL SRX  (Read 3239 times)

Ryan Mitchell

DAS Action vs. DAS Vantec vs. JBL SRX
« on: August 17, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »

Hello - new to the forum.   I own a small-mid size local sound company, currently running Yorkville LS800p subs & JBL PRX735 tops I am looking to add a second system to my inventory.  Initially, I was planning to buy a JBL SRX system consisting of (4) SRX 828sp subs & (4) SRX 835p tops.  I have been doing some research on DAS Vantec gear and like what I've read, unfortunately there is not a dealer nearby for me to shoot out the SRX gear vs. the DAS.

I've found a set of 4 DAS Action 218a & 4 DAS Action 215a being sold used about 4.5 hours away from my location for $1000 per box. 

My question: How does the Action series compare to the Vantec and/or SRX?  Is it worth the extra money to go with Vantec or SRX?  What product line does the Action series compare to (ie: JBL PRX/SRX, EV ELX/ETX)?  It would definitely be more cost effective to go with the used Action series boxes, I just don't want to make a lateral move from what I already have. 

Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 12:36:37 PM by SUBC »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »

Hello - new to the forum.

Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: DAS Action vs. DAS Vantec vs. JBL SRX
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 08:03:09 PM »

This is a tough one. I have only ever seen a D.A.S system once, and it was already on the ground after a strike that I was loading in gear from as they were loading out. That said, D.A.S is a good and reputable company and does make good stuff. I was initially looking at their Action series which has just recently gone through a pretty large upgrade. They now have powercon in/out, digital control and a new look. At the time I was looking at them it was a pretty fixed format powered speaker. They were well priced and their spec was good. I ended up going with the RCF NX12SMA for a couple of reasons. Mostly because D.A.S is not as well known and I needed Powercon in/out and did not care about digital control ( They were going to be used for monitors ). I also really wanted coaxial speakers. The D.A.S was on my shortlist though.

Now, since the D.A.S is now fully digital and has Powercon, if the ones you are getting are that, I would highly consider them, if not, I wouldn't. The JBL SRX is STILL the speaker to beat. It has networking, sounds great, is well known and performs really well. While ethe D.A.S does have a slightly lower performance spec, my bet ( based on their claims ) is that they will actually acquire the SPL and spec they say to a reasonable degree. While the SRX has above-average specs, it certainly doesn't quite do what they say they do. I would say that the SRX is probably the better bet in the long run, but only because you know you can get parts, service and rental options quickly with them. The D.A.S may ( can't say for sure ) perform and sound every bit as good if not better than the SRX, but they are not as popular, well known or as easily available. To me, that makes it a tough buy.

I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DAS Action vs. DAS Vantec vs. JBL SRX
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 08:03:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.