ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Routing Question  (Read 2205 times)

Peter Kowalczyk

X32 Routing Question
« on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:22 PM »

Despite my many hours with X32 systems, this one stumped me tonight.

I've got an X32 Compact + S16.

S16 outputs are driven by signals OUT1-8.

I would like the LOCAL outputs on the X32 compact to be driven by signals OUT 9-16.  They're duplicating outputs 1-8 and I'm not sure how to change them.  What obvious setting am I overlooking?

We're patched for tonight's show, so I'll get this set up tomorrow...

Thanks!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: X32 Routing Question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 09:20:32 PM »

Routing, Outputs tab.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:47:38 PM »

Routing, Outputs tab.

Thanks, Not Helpful   ::)

c'mon, details matter - you know that  ;)

Within the 'Routing' menu, there are tabs called 'out 1-16,'  'aux out,' 'card out,' and 'xlr out'.  There is no tab called 'Outputs.'

I'm familiar with assigning a digital output bus signal to an 'Analog Output' in the 'Out 1-16' tab, but my question is how to map the Analog Output signals to physical connectors in the mixed system.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 10:06:05 PM »

Yes, outputs and analog out are the same thing.  If all else fails you could hook up a computer and use the editor to do your patching. Very often with digital consoles the computer editor has a much better GUI.

If your going to do this on a regular basis get used to that sort of short hand and also spend some time just reading manuals and poking around on the various console screens so that arcane stuff like outputs becomes more familiar.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 10:16:08 PM »

Within the 'Routing' menu, there are tabs called 'out 1-16,'  'aux out,' 'card out,' and 'xlr out'.  There is no tab called 'Outputs.'

I'm familiar with assigning a digital output bus signal to an 'Analog Output' in the 'Out 1-16' tab, but my question is how to map the Analog Output signals to physical connectors in the mixed system.

The available tabs and their specific names depend on what you're looking at. The iOS app has no XLR out tab. I'm not sure if that's adjustable from the app. The app also labels things differently:
Home/Inputs, Analog Out/Out 1-16, Ultranet/P16

XLR Out is what you're looking for.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 10:31:49 PM »

I was looking at the X32 Edit on my computer...  On the desk:

Out 1 - 16 tab.  Select the physical output (1-8) then select the output signal* (4th knob) and press to assign.  Repeat as necessary.  IIRC, by default the signals are outs 1-6 and L/R.  If you connect the S-16, it's default is the same and is changed by using the CONFIG button and selector knob to put it in "Out +8" mode... I think.  I have the chart taped to the top of my S-16 but it's not with me.

If you use the X32 edit software and connect your laptop to the X32, the console routing stuff is much easier to see and change than on the console itself.

edit *footnote - in Riley's post the illustration says "processed output".
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 10:57:51 PM »

Right on, thanks guys.  I usually DO set up with my computer; which I don't have with me tonight.  Appreciate the responses!

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 05:27:14 AM »

Yes, outputs and analog out are the same thing.  If all else fails you could hook up a computer and use the editor to do your patching. Very often with digital consoles the computer editor has a much better GUI.

If your going to do this on a regular basis get used to that sort of short hand and also spend some time just reading manuals and poking around on the various console screens so that arcane stuff like outputs becomes more familiar.

Remember also once done on this output tab you'll need to assign what you want and where you want it to go on your XLR out tab also.  This output tab determines what bus etc is there and how it operates. ( you could have bus 1 go out XLR 123 on the this tab if you wanted as an example if you entered them in here )   XLR out determines which one of these in groups of 4 go to your desk's XLR outs.

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:36:22 AM by Douglas R. Allen »

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »

Xlr out tab, not shown here, only appears on the physical console if I recall, not the app. They are assigned in blocks of 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »

I think you may have to go deeper than the analog output tab. On the mixers screen you should see a tab that says XLR out. This one allows you to hard patch, so to speak, the desired outputs onto those output ports. It's the tab that is the furthest right in the routing menu. The options allow you to change the XLR ports routing in groups of 4. Like so:

I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.