ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Covers for Turbosound TFX122M-AN wedges?  (Read 8937 times)

Rob Moreland

Re: Covers for Turbosound TFX122M-AN wedges?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 04:00:01 PM »

That's my expectation, too, but with the fully enclosed option checked, the Tuki covers are about the same price as the StudioSlips list price. Assuming Mike or Tim can quote something better than list, I was wondering if the Tuki price was somehow significantly lower.

I'll call Tuki and email Mike to get quotes for my pair of monitors.

I can't speak specifically about the covers posted here, but all the various Tuki covers I've purchased required selecting the option to make it fully enclosed. Some came with velcro, some with zippers.

I wouldn't expect any of their covers to come as fully enclosed unless it was specified in the product description.

Rob Moreland

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »

I called Tuki. They said that the "Add material to bottom of cover for complete coverage" option was unnecessary. The $89 price is for a full bag, not a slip on cover. He's going to update the website to remove that option.

That's my expectation, too, but with the fully enclosed option checked, the Tuki covers are about the same price as the StudioSlips list price. Assuming Mike or Tim can quote something better than list, I was wondering if the Tuki price was somehow significantly lower.

I'll call Tuki and email Mike to get quotes for my pair of monitors.

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »

I called Tuki. They said that the "Add material to bottom of cover for complete coverage" option was unnecessary. The $89 price is for a full bag, not a slip on cover. He's going to update the website to remove that option.

Has anyone use Bacsew covers for these speakers. They appear to be on the other side of the pond. Are the tiki covers price current? I will call to confirm.

Dave Guilford

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2020, 01:29:10 AM »

Since it’s not TOO far off topic - any reviews on those Turbo sounds?  I’ve got my eye on some of the TFX12 but no chance to autidion.  Compare to something like a k12?

James Rowe

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2020, 04:26:56 AM »

I’ve searched just about everywhere and it appears the only company that makes covers for my wedges are Tuki covers..

Anyone know of another company that makes padded covers for these?

Thanks in advance.

Bacsew on Ebay UK, very good communicators and will make to order for any speaker. This link is for TXD 12M https://www.ebay.fr/itm/TO-FIT-TURBOSOUND-TXD-12M-PADDED-SLIP-OVER-MONITOR-COVER-NEW-BY-BACSEW/123754707643?hash=item1cd05afabb:g:VVoAAOxyqUpQ7~7i I've been using 4 of these for years, well made, durable and keenly priced.

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2020, 09:54:09 AM »

I used Bacsew for all of my TXD covers - they have been very durable.
The best price for the Turbosound monitor covers I've seen is from Connie's covers in PA.  They are made out of moving blankets.
https://www.facebook.com/ConniesCovers/  [email protected]
Colorado Springs, CO

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2020, 02:11:02 PM »

I see that Tuki's price on the TFX and TFM wedges is higher now than it was when this thread started. I can definitely get a better deal on Studio Slips at current pricing.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Steve Garris

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »

Since it’s not TOO far off topic - any reviews on those Turbo sounds?  I’ve got my eye on some of the TFX12 but no chance to autidion.  Compare to something like a k12?

When I can find time I'm going to write a review. In short, I use DSR112's for wedges. I picked up 2 of the TFX-122M-AN 12" version. In a side by side, they sound almost identical to my DSR's with the HPF not engaged. I have the Turbo's set to "Floor".

I've used them at only (3) shows with different bands. The singers absolutely loved them. They can get just as loud as the DSR's on a small stage. The wedge angle is ideal for a singer with the mic stand directly in front. The only person that didn't like them was a guitar player that uses a pedal board for his amp. He thought they were "dark" sounding, and he didn't like the upward angle. He loves my DSR's.
I picked up a pair of the Turbo's with a sale coupon at $350 each, shipped. They are awkward to move around and store. I put rubber feet on the sides, and I can now stack them on their sides.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.