ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LED Audio Light Rail light for M32R  (Read 3851 times)

Douglas R. Allen

LED Audio Light Rail light for M32R
« on: January 13, 2019, 08:08:10 AM »

For all of us who own the M32R we know there is no supplied light socket on the board. This means I had to try the clip on type lights or off to the side of the desk lamps. In searching I came across " LED Audio Light Rails " run by Mr. Terry Dale Bowen out of Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania. Its a LED light strip designed to be mounted or for that matter just placed on a M32R for light.

The M32R light is approx 1 inch square and approx 17.5 inches long. It has 5 light brightness settings with 7 color choices. The lens comes in Clear or Frost. Frost may be better for installs like House of Worship etc.  It is available in Black or Carbon Fiber look covered. It comes with a push button controller with buttons for on/off, color select, and brightness. It even has a "dance to music" feature that varies level/color for those who may need this for fun. You'll need a 5 Volt , 2000mw standard USB power supply to operate it. I picked mine up at a thrift store for under a dollar. It also comes with some stick on wire guides to clean up the install. They came in white but I took a black sharpy to them before I put them on.  ;)

To install the light just clean the desk and remove the double sided tape cover that is placed on the bottom of the light when shipped.  I found in the location I placed mine it increased the height of the desk roughly 1 inch.  With the M32r case I have I still have a 1/2 an inch to go. Should you find that you don't have enough height with your current case the light is very light weight and can easily be held in place with two small Velcro strips if you need to remove it gig to gig. 

I ordered the V2 M32R light with the clear lens. Mine has the Carbon Fiber look. This is designed for a better angle on the desk.  It was discovered that the angle for the M32 desk was not right for the M32R desk so a redesign was done. I had to drop down to about 2 inches above the faders for me to see the LED lights inside. Really a non glare design.

For me it is the right combination of brightness control and light colors to get the job done. I mounted mine to the desk so I don't have to worry gig to gig about setting a light up or finding one that will work.  Service provided and shipping were top notch and fast.  Terry Dale Bowen was a pleasure to deal with and I'd purchase from him again. Also note they can supply lights for M32 desks and will do custom work as well. Contact Terry for the details.

Company Facebook link:   https://www.facebook.com/MidasM32/?hc_location=ufi
  Store Link: https://led-light-rails.myshopify.com/?fbclid=IwAR0T2PJGFstpcgonw7D3svB66L99fGkfalQphiIKoaP3A-Sw0GNA0ixIW5U

Most of the pictures added where taken in a room with no other light supplied other than the LED Audio Light Rail.   

Any questions feel free to ask!

Douglas R. Allen
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:27:41 AM by Douglas R. Allen »

Douglas R. Allen

Re: LED Audio Light Rail light for M32R
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 08:09:43 AM »

A few other pictures.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:13:33 AM »

Last ones.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:36:52 AM by Douglas R. Allen »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:13:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.