ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Impromptu UK visit coming up - music stores in the south?  (Read 5583 times)

John Fruits

Re: Impromptu UK visit coming up - music stores in the south?
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 05:29:57 PM »

Do you still speak the language? ::)
I think the real test of how ex-Brit she is if she has sausage gravy or tea with her biscuits.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »

Thanks all!!

It sounds like there are few brick and mortar options left out there - just like over here - not surprising.

I'll check out the blue room for sure.

I'll be staying in Abbotskerswell closer to Exeter for the duration of that helps with location.

A few years ago I would have LOVED sausage gravy - but I no longer eat meat so that's off my to do list these days.
However, what other way is there to drink tea than with biscuits??

Speak the language? Nah - not really anymore. I now have this weird hybrid accent and use 95% Americanisms in my every day speech so no-one wants to claim me as one of theirs anymore ......  :(
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 01:41:22 AM »

Ameri-glish? ???
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 02:16:36 AM »

Thanks all!!

It sounds like there are few brick and mortar options left out there - just like over here - not surprising.

I'll check out the blue room for sure.

I'll be staying in Abbotskerswell closer to Exeter for the duration of that helps with location.

A few years ago I would have LOVED sausage gravy - but I no longer eat meat so that's off my to do list these days.
However, what other way is there to drink tea than with biscuits??

Speak the language? Nah - not really anymore. I now have this weird hybrid accent and use 95% Americanisms in my every day speech so no-one wants to claim me as one of theirs anymore ......  :(

We'll claim you, Debbie.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »

We'll claim you, Debbie.

Why thanks Tim....  :)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 09:42:41 AM »

I think the real test of how ex-Brit she is if she has sausage gravy or tea with her biscuits.

BTW - I pickle my own pickled onions, I eat Marmite on toast every morning, I put Branston on my cheese sandwiches, I drink Yorkshire gold with milk and sugar and I still drive a stick - does that count??

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:20 PM »

BTW - I pickle my own pickled onions, I eat Marmite on toast every morning, I put Branston on my cheese sandwiches, I drink Yorkshire gold with milk and sugar and I still drive a stick - does that count??

Gotta love a woman that still knows what that pesky third pedal is all about!  Ah, but can you heel and toe around Brands Hatch?

Mal Brown

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 01:12:42 PM »

Maybe search out some live music and pass on the music stores.

JR

Ditto that.  I worked in and around London on and off for a bit and while the live music scene was OK  - from a music technology stand point is was like set your watch back 10 years...  the average GC here was a better experience and I never, ever visit GC unless it is a string based emergency...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 01:18:48 PM »

Ditto that.  I worked in and around London on and off for a bit and while the live music scene was OK  - from a music technology stand point is was like set your watch back 10 years...  the average GC here was a better experience and I never, ever visit GC unless it is a string based emergency...
Yup I visited UK music stores with my sales rep back last century and it was not awe inspiring back then. I doubt it has improved since then.

The UK beer was better(even bitter is good, but I like stouts).

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 01:18:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.