ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OA Windsor rubber boxes  (Read 2198 times)

Mal Brown

OA Windsor rubber boxes
« on: January 06, 2019, 10:33:06 PM »

Being new to the truss game and wanting to minimize setup and strike time-  I’m thinking of hard mounting one of Jim’s 2 x single gang boxes in the center of 6 or 8 truss segments.  PowerCon interconnects.

I emailed with Jim and he indicated this was not an are of expertise for him.  So...  has anyone else done this and if so what was the best method.  I’m hoping for better than gaff and Zip ties ;-)
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: OA Windsor rubber boxes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 10:36:11 PM »

Being new to the truss game and wanting to minimize setup and strike time-  I’m thinking of hard mounting one of Jim’s 2 x single gang boxes in the center of 6 or 8 truss segments.  PowerCon interconnects.

I emailed with Jim and he indicated this was not an are of expertise for him.  So...  has anyone else done this and if so what was the best method.  I’m hoping for better than gaff and Zip ties ;-)

While not an OA Windsor product, you may look to http://www.gearboxpro.com/power-cube for some inspiration.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:48:16 PM »

I did exactly that with Windsor boxes. I just used Edison plugs on each end of the truss with a box in the middle. I did use zip ties to attach and I have marked my truss pieces so they are oriented the same direction every time.
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:40:57 PM »

Tie line.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 04:36:25 AM »

Mal,

I have tons of these OA Windsor boxes, and I love them; you can easily have them in your truss with tie line.  Also, Whirlwind makes a product that does exactly what you are asking.  PL1FB is a fly bracket for their powercon box, and mounts with a clamp.
FWIW, they also have a similar thing with an L2130 distro box, in case you need to get several circuits up there and you are working from a distro with that kind of cabling.
Cheers,
Nils

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 01:48:15 PM »

I know the OA Windsor boxes are very good, but you might look at the Drop-PC and Drop-True from Blizzard Lighting.  Similar and with PowerCON or True1 ins and outs respectively.  There are other options from Chavet and ADJ if I remember correctly.  Full disclosure -  I'm a dealer but I do not do phone, mail-order, or internet sales.  I'm just trying to make you aware of another options.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 01:48:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.