ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightweight Rock & Roll subwoofer, what have I overlooked?  (Read 32534 times)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Lightweight Rock & Roll subwoofer, what have I overlooked?
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2019, 01:43:22 PM »

wow Mark,  that is cool!  You obviously have mad woodworking skills

Is it practical for actual PA use ?  I would think there would be a ton of sub spill onto the stage ...

Most subs are omni to begin with.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2019, 09:29:09 AM »

wow Mark,  that is cool!  You obviously have mad woodworking skills

Is it practical for actual PA use ?  I would think there would be a ton of sub spill onto the stage ...

Thanks Mal, I owe all my somewhat recently acquired woodworking skills to very helpful folks on the web, and a good track saw  :)
It's amazing how easy it is to make long true cuts, even compound miters/bevels with just a track saw.

Anyway...practical for PA?  Heck yea..
As David said, bass is omni...at least at 100Hz and below where I cross.

One cool thing about a bigger horn like this rig, even though it's only designed to go down to 100Hz, is how the upper-bass/lower-mid pattern control of the horn makes the sub sound like it comes out of the horn.
Much more so than you usually hear from a main on top a sub crossed at 100Hz. Ivan often talks about this ... the need for size for pattern control.

Makes me want to build an even bigger synergy...which I might do.
The outer secondary-flare on the horn detaches for transport....it's just a big picture frame really.
I think I could make a bigger horn and frame that would still be manageable by one person.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2019, 08:02:26 PM »

I recently picked up a pair of the new RCF TTS15-A subs. 80 lbs. and way easier to move around than the single 18" subs I replaced. Had padded covers and front dolly boards. Subs are definitely musical. Pair them up with any of the RCF TT top boxes. I'm picking up a pair of the new TTW4-A's when they're released shortly. Those showed well at LDI.

I'm a huge fan of the L'Acoustics Syva rig, but that's a $22k ticket to ride. Really a gorgeous system is every aspect, though.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Luis_Marquez

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2019, 03:53:09 AM »

I recently picked up a pair of the new RCF TTS15-A subs. 80 lbs. and way easier to move around than the single 18" subs I replaced. Had padded covers and front dolly boards. Subs are definitely musical. Pair them up with any of the RCF TT top boxes. I'm picking up a pair of the new TTW4-A's when they're released shortly. Those showed well at LDI.

I'm a huge fan of the L'Acoustics Syva rig, but that's a $22k ticket to ride. Really a gorgeous system is every aspect, though.

How would the TTW4-a’s compare to dB IG4T? My guess rcf to sound “warmer” on a slightly heavier cab. Keep us posted when you get them up and running. What is pricing on the rcf’s compared to dbtech ? Pm welcome.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2019, 03:57:02 PM »

How would the TTW4-a’s compare to dB IG4T? My guess rcf to sound “warmer” on a slightly heavier cab. Keep us posted when you get them up and running. What is pricing on the rcf’s compared to dbtech ? Pm welcome.

No pricing out on the TTP/TTW 4 yet. I just heard the prototypes at LDI. It's been a while since I heard the IG4T, so tough to compare. The vocals just pop right out on this new TT+ gear. I have the TT20CXA monitors, as well, and I'm amazed at how good they sound.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2019, 03:57:02 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.