ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Down To Business: Insights On Success In The Corporate Event Market  (Read 220 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Getting Down To Business: Insights On Success In The Corporate Event Market
Tips for making it come together when the clients don’t have a clue about how production tech works.
By Ales Stefancic • January 9, 2019

Recently I was working a large corporate event. I was only there as the monitor engineer for one of the bands that was part of the show and not running the entire audio program, but the experience was enough to remind me of a few points that have become almost universal truths every time that I deal with “corporates.”

Get ready to explain basic audio concepts several times to several people.

Working with bands and tech crews becomes faster and efficient through time as we learn and even develop a common language. It’s like a shorthand for fast communication that allows us to talk less, understand each other more quickly, and be about our tasks as efficiently as we can.

The underlying baseline that makes this possible is the fact that you expect people in the business to know and understand the basic concepts of audio, lighting, pyro, and stage management.

And when I say “basic” I really mean it, including things like: there are cables running on stage between the artists, mixing consoles, loudspeakers and other gear; the PA system is very difficult to move once it is set up; live drums are pretty loud and so are the guitar amps of a rock band, and so on.

We don’t need to explain this to anyone who’s working in pro audio. However, when you start meeting people from companies who want to organize an event for some notable or special occasion, you’re not speaking to a person in the production industry...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/av/getting-down-to-business-insights-on-success-in-the-corporate-event-market/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.