ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Case For Lossy Music Formats  (Read 1055 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
A Case For Lossy Music Formats
« on: January 08, 2019, 05:42:50 PM »

A Case For Lossy Music Formats
Are downloaded lossy files viable for loudspeaker and system evaluation?
By Michael Fay • January 8, 2019

Presuming you’re in the audio business on some level and are an “active” listener, you’ve probably started a collection of reference recordings you think are exceptional. You’ve also probably found it helpful, if not necessary, to make this collection highly portable so it’s available, on a moment’s notice, where and when needed.

As a pro, or an aspiring one, you just never know when you may be presented an opportunity to evaluate a new or existing loudspeaker or system. Think trade shows, rep demos, client system evaluation and troubleshooting, factory tour demos, and shoot-outs. Having a highly portable, widely compatible file storage system makes it easy to say, “Yes, I have a few tracks I’d like to listen to.”

When I first started thinking carefully about this topic, CDs were at their peak as the ubiquitous digital audio storage and distribution format...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/a-case-for-lossy-music-formats/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 20 queries.