ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Coroplast light towers  (Read 4616 times)

Steve Garris

Re: Coroplast light towers
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 12:37:32 PM »

Here are some photos of the ones we made:

These are just 1x3 strapping and white coroplast from home depot stapled inside the frame, no top, plywood base. One of the panels we made a sliding frame so we can slide up the coroplast to access the light. Just a single cheap dmx wash light like these on the botttom facing up. They are awkward to move by yourself and take up a lot of room in the truck but look amazing with a dmx light show.

Here is a photo of some that another crew brought in:

These were collapsible for transport. The pyramid ones looked good in person. They also painstakingly cut out stencils out of chip board and made a few designs. A 90 degree rotation of the column and you had a new look, again dmx color controlled with a single cheap Chinese dmx par can.

Those look great Len! I love working with cheap Chinese lights. You get a lot of bang for the buck!

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 09:09:01 PM »

What a crazy side road for this topic.

Yes, sorry for the sidebar!  That's cool Jim.  I've been using the Orbit LED products from Current and had good luck with them.  I just have softies and LPS though - haven't really given the SPS specimens a try (yet).  Still, paying $3-400/bar for the Orbit product I was hoping Tim found a breakthrough!  As much as I'd love a DMX aquarium I think I'll stick with what I have :) 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 09:09:01 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.