ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set Active Sound Parameters  (Read 2071 times)

Earl Teigrob

Set Active Sound Parameters
« on: January 09, 2019, 01:41:45 PM »

I am new to DMX and Lighting.

Ideally I would like to have a moving head that I can restrict the active sound mode based on setting boundary parameters. For example, I would like to restrict the horizontal and vertical head movement to be pointed at a wall and not onto the dance floor. I know I can limit the movement with a DMX controller but I really dont want to program a bunch of stuff. Plus, I want this all to work in sound active mode. I just want the live active sound mode to work like its default except limit some of its movement. Of course, it might be nice to limit other settings as well such as colors, brightness, etc.

Thank you.

Drew Kirkland

• consultant, designer and installation engineerScot
Re: Set Active Sound Parameters
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 01:52:46 PM »

I am new to DMX and Lighting.

Ideally I would like to have a moving head that I can restrict the active sound mode based on setting boundary parameters. For example, I would like to restrict the horizontal and vertical head movement to be pointed at a wall and not onto the dance floor. I know I can limit the movement with a DMX controller but I really dont want to program a bunch of stuff. Plus, I want this all to work in sound active mode. I just want the live active sound mode to work like its default except limit some of its movement. Of course, it might be nice to limit other settings as well such as colors, brightness, etc.

Thank you.
As far as i can think, you would need to use a program like showcad to set the program perameters ie the pan and tilt settings. Then you could set the program to be triggered by audio of some sort, (bass, treble etc)
I don't think there is a fixture setting which can restrict movement on sound settings.

Drew

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

why bother to burn the candle at both ends when you can take a flame-thower to it

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber