ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge issue with Crown XLS 1000  (Read 2368 times)

Alex Horsburgh

Bridge issue with Crown XLS 1000
« on: January 08, 2019, 08:45:33 AM »

Good afternoon Folks,

I am new to AV and learning so please forgive my ignorance in advance. I recently inherited a crown XLS 1000 power amp which I do not need and have since sold on it ebay. The buyer has complained that the bridge mode on the amp does not produce any sound. Well, only a little it seems.This is the feedback I had from the buyer  'I find that no sound or very very little comes out of the subwoofer and is defiantly not producing anywhere near the 1100wrms it is advertised at 4ohm bridged' . Would someone kindly explain to me if the bridge mode is a common failure on these amps maybe? Or is it more likely to so with the type of sub woofer you are using with it? Would a special type of cable be needed to achieve bridge mode with the 1000 maybe? Many thanks guys.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Bridge issue with Crown XLS 1000
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:30:00 AM »

Good afternoon Folks,

I am new to AV and learning so please forgive my ignorance in advance. I recently inherited a crown XLS 1000 power amp which I do not need and have since sold on it ebay. The buyer has complained that the bridge mode on the amp does not produce any sound. Well, only a little it seems.This is the feedback I had from the buyer  'I find that no sound or very very little comes out of the subwoofer and is defiantly not producing anywhere near the 1100wrms it is advertised at 4ohm bridged' . Would someone kindly explain to me if the bridge mode is a common failure on these amps maybe? Or is it more likely to so with the type of sub woofer you are using with it? Would a special type of cable be needed to achieve bridge mode with the 1000 maybe? Many thanks guys.
Welcome to the forum.  We will be happy to help you out after you change your displayed name to be your full real name to comply with the forum rules.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Bridge issue with Crown XLS 1000
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:30:00 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.