ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FreeSpeak to the rescue; SAP 612 died  (Read 1039 times)

Mike Kahrs

FreeSpeak to the rescue; SAP 612 died
« on: January 07, 2019, 03:46:12 PM »

After trying our best ( I wasn't alone, thankfully) to reverse engineer the issues I was having with a SAP 612 and a pair of PS31s for most of the morning, I remembered the friend's FS II base we were using can power "some" BP325s.  The manual says 10 for PL 1/2 and 10 for PL 3/4.  Cool.

So, we told the audio A1, sorry, just pay attention :) I swiped some 1-6 I had put out earlier and looped some packs instead (ugh) and ran seven packs on PL 1/2 and eight packs on 3/4, using the 1-6 splitters.  Prod on 1 & 3, Lights on 2 and Cameras on 4.  Nulled out the four PL channels and we were good to go.

What a relief to have such an effective plan B.

Anyone else use a FS II base in an emergency, or as a routine item?

Mike
Why know when you can guess...

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: FreeSpeak to the rescue; SAP 612 died
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 05:41:16 PM »

After trying our best ( I wasn't alone, thankfully) to reverse engineer the issues I was having with a SAP 612 and a pair of PS31s for most of the morning, I remembered the friend's FS II base we were using can power "some" BP325s.  The manual says 10 for PL 1/2 and 10 for PL 3/4.  Cool.

So, we told the audio A1, sorry, just pay attention :) I swiped some 1-6 I had put out earlier and looped some packs instead (ugh) and ran seven packs on PL 1/2 and eight packs on 3/4, using the 1-6 splitters.  Prod on 1 & 3, Lights on 2 and Cameras on 4.  Nulled out the four PL channels and we were good to go.

What a relief to have such an effective plan B.

Anyone else use a FS II base in an emergency, or as a routine item?

Mike

I do this all the time.  Most of the shows i do the wired beltpacks will all power just fine off the FSII base.  It does matter exactly what beltpacks you're using.  I also have an Studio Technologies Announcer's console i like to use that i need to power locally since it's a power hog.

But yeah, using the FSII base as a power supply and small "comms matrix" is a super handy feature.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: FreeSpeak to the rescue; SAP 612 died
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 05:41:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 24 queries.