ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equipment and Tech fees with hall rental?  (Read 955 times)

Justin Rygel

Equipment and Tech fees with hall rental?
« on: December 25, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »

Hello,

This is a new concern for me, as our church just got into a building for the first time about 2 months ago.  

What additional fees are typically applied to equipment and techs for outside groups renting a building.  I have seen in the past that equipment is often included with the building rental, but any labor is an additional fee.

For background, we are relatively small, the equipment list includes:
(2) Mackie SR1530s (main PA)
(3) Mackie SR450s (monitors w/ 2mixes)
Mackie CR 1604
(4) channels of compression (Rane, DBX)
(4) channels of Rane EQ (2 mons, 2 mains)
TC M300 effects
CD Player
(17) decent quality mics (SM58s, 57s, Audix D series, Audio Technica AT series condensers, Sure PG series wireless)
DVD/VHS Player
Video Computer (mostly PowerPoint)
(2) 2800 lumen projectors

The hall currently seats about 130 and will be expanded to about 200 seats in the next 6 months or so, the main PA will also be upgraded to (2) EAW AS300e's and (2) FR250z's in that same time-frame.  Long term (2 years or so), the sound system will be based around the EAW PA and a Yamaha DM1000 or 02R96

Should we ask for additional fee for certain, atypical, equipment (i.e. our AT4033 LD condenser) and exclude it from the list of equipment included in the building rental?  We have a film discussion group coming in that will be using the Projectors and Main PA, but no onstage equipment, should this be included in the building fee and maybe we would charge some amount additional for a full band?

How much is typical to charge for techs?  

It seems to me that we should include a clause in the rental contract to protect us against damage to equipment, how does this tie in with whether the group pays for a church-provided tech or brings in their own?  Any examples?

Sorry I put so many questions in here, but I've never been on this side of the business before.  Please chime in if there's anything I've forgotten to ask about.

Thanks,

Justin Rygel
Harambee Church (www.vivaharambee.com)
Renton, WA
Justin Rygel
Federal Way, WA

h.s.overman

Re: Equipment and Tech fees with hall rental?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:45:29 PM »

Not sure what you are renting the hall for, (weddings, for example?), but whatever you do, keep it simple.  The type of equipment you have is not so important--the service is.  If the renter does not need sound, fine--set a fee.  If they do, make it maditory that an approved staff tech provide the service and set a rate for the "package" (labor and use of equip.) A flat rate is ok for a wedding, but don't forget to allow for the rehearsal as well. Also for weddings, it is nice to provide a complimentary CD or tape as a part of the package.  Other events can vary greatly on the time commitment and should be priced accordingly (e.g. by the hour with a certain minimum.  What rate?  Depends on where you live and what your time is worth, etc.  Call some local churches and get their rates for an idea.  Good luck!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Equipment and Tech fees with hall rental?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:45:29 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.