ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alignarray users?  (Read 2018 times)

Rich Frembes

• Fulcrum Acoustic
Alignarray users?
« on: January 02, 2019, 01:19:40 PM »

I ran across this piece o' kit some time back: 

https://www.alignarray.com/

Is anyone using it for laser / inclinometer duty on their line array rigs?  If so, what are your thoughts regarding its efficacy?  Are there different / better options?

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
Re: Alignarray users?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:53:11 PM »

Is anyone using it for laser / inclinometer duty on their line array rigs?  If so, what are your thoughts regarding its efficacy?  Are there different / better options?

I've used the previous version and it worked well. Just have spare batteries on hand for the reader if you're using battery power. It tends to chew them up proportional to how little time you have.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:21:20 AM »

We use them with brackets made for our VerTec 4889.  No complaints.

Most of the new class of vertical arrays build the clinometer/laser into the bumper frame - d&b, l'Acoustic, JBL, Clair.

Reiker makes stand-alone sensors you can build into your products.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Michael Gazdziak

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »

I've used the Alignarray inclinometers on tours with K1, K2, KARA. 
The handheld readers do burn through batteries, I'd recommend an AC adapter. 
Even better is to assign each inclinometer an IP address, and plug them into a POE switch.  For a tour with 11 lasers on 11 arrays, the PA techs were able to connect their phones to the Audio wifi to aim the PA.  With a little html, I built a page that combined the individual readouts and controls of 11 inclinomters in to one screen.  Very handy for a tour like that, but might not be as useful for one-offs.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 11:46:44 AM »

Even better is to assign each inclinometer an IP address, and plug them into a POE switch.  For a tour with 11 lasers on 11 arrays, the PA techs were able to connect their phones to the Audio wifi to aim the PA.  With a little html, I built a page that combined the individual readouts and controls of 11 inclinomters in to one screen.  Very handy for a tour like that, but might not be as useful for one-offs.

That's pretty cool!

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 05:14:56 AM »

I'd used the G1 version.  In comparison the ProSight2 is much much better.  I can't speak to the clarity of the laser - I never had them side by side.

The G2 version of the Alignarray looks much better, but I've not used it yet.  Is the POE/IP address a feature I'd need?  Possibly, and it's definitely cool.

As TimMc mentioned, Reiker makes the parts to roll your own.  I've used those as well, and they work just fine (sans laser, usually).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 05:14:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.